• Show
Clear All

Re: NGD: Must be green guitar weekend

SWEET!!! I love Green Guitars!! Nice...
    !

Comment

Originally posted by crguti View Post
      How this guitar is compared to the old peavey model?
      I much prefer the Axis to the Wolfgang because of the neck carve. I generally prefer carved tops like the US Wolfgang (the Special is flat) but that doesn't bother me.

Another thing I prefer about the EBMM is the different configurations. There's the Axis Sport with ash body as well as the Axis Super Sport that has a basswood body and, with a few exceptions, a maple top. I love that theres a rosewood fretboard option as well as choices between Floyd, hardtail, and non-locking trem. There are also quite a few Super Sports out there with rosewood necks (not just fretboard). I have a couple of those and they're the guitars that got me into EBMM.
      Originally posted by LesStrat
      make sure that you own the gear, not vice versa.
      My Music

Comment

Originally posted by Jocelyn View Post
        Nice I always wanted an Axis. And I love Green its my fav colour and I love Green, guitars. My Flying V is Green
        Emerald green is one of my favorite colors, too. My rosewood-necked PRS is emerald green as well.

Much as us weirdos love it, history has shown that green guitars don't sell well. Sterling Ball commented on it on the Ernie Ball board a while back and PRS discontinued emerald green a while back (though they did introduce a different green shade).

While EBMM offered the EVH model in green, they only did the green Axis in limited numbers. They did a run of 100 back in 2000 and then another run this year with the Axis Tributes. One weird thing about the tributes is the chocolate colored backs. It's probably fine on a green guitar but it was a bit off-putting on an otherwise lovely trans black guitar I checked out.
        My Music

Comment

Very cool!

Funny about the green...EBMM and PRS are both guitars I don't get into too much, great guitars just not my thing but the fact is show me a green EVH or AXIS from EBMM or a green PRS and I'm in love!

Nice guitar enjoy it!
          If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Green and cream appointments. Zebra bridge. You are pure class. The understated awesome of that is unstateable.

Bravo!
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I've never thought much about green guitars, but that one's a beaut! Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by JordanM82 View Post
                I love the Axis guitars...
                What's the appeal?

I've never been into these guitars. The shape is awkward, the uncovered pickups look out of place, the headstock looks "squatty," no tone control... at least throw in another volume control, please....

Like I said, just never really understood the appeal of this guitar.

Comment

To the above post different strokes for different folks. I build custom guitars and everyone has their own individual needs. What may be poison to one is a dream axe to another. Why complicate a guitar with a bunch of things it doesn't need is likely the approach of only having a master volume knob. Not every guitarist likes using multiple volumes or tone knobs. So obviously if you are after a more traditional looking guitar with a traditional gibson 4 knob electronic layout than this probably won't be your cup of tea but that doesn't make this guitar unusable or unappealing to others.

I happen to love this particular new guitar (I may be biased since green happens to be my favorite color, and the color of many of my personal guitars).

Comment

Originally posted by thunderkyss View Post
                    What's the appeal?
                    Great necks and great tone. Some folks are willing to forego a bit of versatility if the tones that are offered are just what they're looking for.

The previous owner of this guitar was a clever fellow who did add a push/pull to split the coils. That gives me some of the versatility I enjoy in my Super Sports with the stripped down ethos of the Axis.
                    My Music

Comment

Classy. I like it.

Comment

Working...
                      X