ngd!! well body at least!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ngd!! well body at least!

Turns out I love the color. Reranch Vintage Cream. cant decide if i wanna go with Gold hardware or not. Not sure how it will look. A bit nervous about drillin holes for the tremolo too..This is my first build. Live and learn ..trial and error. measure measure measure.

Re: ngd!! well body at least!

Gold might look a bit like 'all the same colour' with that body.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexR View Post
      Gold might look a bit like 'all the same colour' with that body.
      +1.

The yellow goes well with the tortoise shell. I agree that gold might be a bit much. Chrome, or maybe black hardware?
      Originally posted by DreX
      Nearly everyone still in this thread should have me on ignore by now. The fact that they don't says everything.
      The only reason anyone describes me as combative is because I don't agree with them and allow them have the last word. Well... too bad.
      There's no substance to anything I have posted.
      Originally posted by Evan_Skopp
      I'm sure that'll be good for a few "likes" from your buddies.

Comment

hmm hadnt thought of black hardware. that might look pretty sick.

Comment

I think black would work well with that.
          Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

Discover the sound of Fender, the spirit of rock-n-roll since 1946. Shop Fender guitars, basses, amplifiers, audio equipment, accessories, apparel and more.

Go nuts!
            Check out my band Under Ember Skies (modern metalcore)
            www.Facebook.com/UnderEmberSkies
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZmxTKh8CW0
            ----------------------------------------------------------------
            DBZ Imperial FM
            Fender Standard Stratocaster
            Washburn D10SZ
            Fender FM100H + Traynor DHX212
            Vox VT40+

Comment

Originally posted by StratFreak View Post
              ahhh thanks!!

Comment

Something like this then

They didn't have an option for a standard black trem, which is why there's a fixed one on there.

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

Originally posted by loversmoon View Post
                  A bit nervous about drillin holes for the tremolo too..This is my first build. Live and learn ..trial and error. measure measure measure.
                  Measure carefully, always.

But with the tremolo it probably isn't the end of the world if you don't get it right the first time. I'm sitting here today putting a strat together for a friend. The holes for the new trem don't line up with the holes from the one that I took off. I just glued some toothpicks into the old holes, and am waiting for it to dry before I cut them off and sand them down flush. It should be almost undetectable when I'm done, but it will all be underneath the tremolo plate anyway. I'm only even bothering to fill them because the new holes will be drilled very close to where the old ones were.

Watching glue dry on a stormy day. What fun!

Yeah, the black hardware looks like the way to go, assuming that it looks as good on the tortoise...
                  Nearly everyone still in this thread should have me on ignore by now. The fact that they don't says everything.
                  The only reason anyone describes me as combative is because I don't agree with them and allow them have the last word. Well... too bad.
                  There's no substance to anything I have posted.
                  Originally posted by Evan_Skopp
                  I'm sure that'll be good for a few "likes" from your buddies.

Comment

change that to a tort pickguard and a rosewood neck. Id do it and post it but i cant figure out how to save the pic from the fender builder.
                    Last edited by loversmoon; 10-29-2012, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Like this?

Black hardware didn't look right, so I went with chrome

Comment

yes . thanks. everytime i save it it wont let me share it. Idk maybe something with my browser. thats my game plan on how i would like this thing to come out. Im building this strat in memory of my mother whom I lost in 08 to cancer. Hopefully in the end it will look something like this:

Last edited by loversmoon; 10-29-2012, 03:14 PM.

Comment

I just took a screenshot, then pasted it into Photoshop, but Paint would have done just as well for this. Then uploaded to my 'junk' Flickr account.

Comment

I stole it from where u posted it. put it in paint and then did what i wanted with the Fleur de lis. I think it looks decent in pic. pray it comes out that good in the end. Btw thanks!!

Comment

looks nice man, i dig the tortoiseshell pg with that colour.

Comment

Working...
                              X