ngd!! well body at least!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ngd!! well body at least!

Thanks Convoys. I really dug that look too. its something you dont see everyday. so when it comes time to drill for the tremolo...would it be illogical to place the tremolo in place and mark it from the tremolo itself or should i buy one of these?? http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tools/Te...st=3&xsr=15491

Comment

Originally posted by loversmoon View Post
      I stole it from where u posted it. put it in paint and then did what i wanted with the Fleur de lis. I think it looks decent in pic. pray it comes out that good in the end. Btw thanks!!
      No problem at all. Try the Fleur De Lis at 90deg to the way you have it now. Can't work out in my head whether it would looks better that way round or not.
      Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

I thought the same thing. when it arrives Ill move it around this way and that to see how it best looks.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris of Arabia View Post
          No problem at all. Try the Fleur De Lis at 90deg to the way you have it now. Can't work out in my head whether it would looks better that way round or not.

something like this you mean?

Comment

That was what I was thinking. Looking at that, I'm not sure it matters too much. It may makes more sense to look at it against the body itself and work from there.
            Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

Yep. thats what i thought too. Ill be pullin my hair out when it comes time to drill holes in order to put that tremolo on.

Comment

Those routing templates could be good, but beware that not all tremolo units have the same spacing for the mounting screws. It can be very fussy to try to use the trem plate itself as the pattern, since it may be hard to get it to stay in place. If you do that, you may want to drill one or two holes first, then put the screws in to hold it steady while you drill the rest.

You could also make your own template by taping a thin sheet of plexi to the trem plate, drilling out the guides, then tape it to the guitar for drilling the body.

Slow and steady wins the race.
                Originally posted by DreX
                Nearly everyone still in this thread should have me on ignore by now. The fact that they don't says everything.
                The only reason anyone describes me as combative is because I don't agree with them and allow them have the last word. Well... too bad.
                There's no substance to anything I have posted.
                Originally posted by Evan_Skopp
                I'm sure that'll be good for a few "likes" from your buddies.

Comment

Very cool!

Looks a lot like my first guitar, an '85 Japanese Strat:

Good luck with the assembly.
                  Originally posted by LesStrat
                  Yogi Berra was correct.
                  Originally posted by JOLLY
                  I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

[IMG] A bit nervous about drillin holes for the tremolo too..This is my first build. Live and learn ..trial and error. measure measure measure.
                    Listen to the voice of experience:

measure, measure, measure .... DRILL PRESS, DRILL PRESS, DRILL PRESS

You're welcome! Best of luck ... it's gonna look great!
                    I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus1140 View Post
                      Listen to the voice of experience:

measure, measure, measure .... DRILL PRESS, DRILL PRESS, DRILL PRESS

You're welcome! Best of luck ... it's gonna look great!
                      as i dont have a drill press I may end up piecing everything together then having a shop install the tremolo

Comment

I was drilling for the posts on a two point Wilkinson and my bit drifted ... maybe I wasn't paying attention. Anyway, now I have a post hole to move in an otherwise perfectly good body. Probably a drill press wouldn't have saved me due to my impatience.
                        I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

I just remembered i do have a hand held dremel with a nice guard. that might do the trick. as far as making sure i drill straight.

Comment

I just remembered i do have a hand held dremel with a nice guard. that might do the trick. as far as making sure i drill straight.
                            For less than $40 you can get a dremel press stand that is a great accessory to have on hand.

Nearly everyone still in this thread should have me on ignore by now. The fact that they don't says everything.
                            The only reason anyone describes me as combative is because I don't agree with them and allow them have the last word. Well... too bad.
                            There's no substance to anything I have posted.
                            Originally posted by Evan_Skopp
                            I'm sure that'll be good for a few "likes" from your buddies.

Comment

Oh wow. Mini Drill press coming my way!

Comment

Invaluable tool for those who work on guitars:

Not necessarily that one, but a similar type of drill guide.
                                Originally posted by LesStrat
                                Yogi Berra was correct.
                                Originally posted by JOLLY
                                I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X