banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

Don't know if this counts as a build or not, but I just finished a paint job on a Dean Dave Mustaine Signature V.
    Paint is all House of Kolors...
    KK-11 Kandy Red over BC-02 Silver, (The red looks much deeper and darker in person, the lighting is off in these pics)
    S2-25 Black, (looks dusty in the photos, but thats a gold metallic I added to the paint)
    and BC-01-4 Solar Gold.

All topped with USC-01 Show Klear (5 coats)

Now just to assemble it.
    Stock pickups (DMT Design)
    Basswood body
    Bolt on maple neck with rosewood fingerboard

I'd like to swap out the pickups, but I don't know if its worth it or not. This guitar will likely end up in the Trading Post section or on eBay very soon.

I'd like some thoughts and opinions....

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160129_202307_resized.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	5789946Click image for larger version

Name:	20160129_202313_resized.jpg
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	5789947Click image for larger version

Name:	20160129_202155_resized.jpg
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	5789948Click image for larger version

Name:	20160129_202206_resized.jpg
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	5789949
    I strive to be the person my dog thinks I am.

Comment

Dilled out the boring white dots

Name:	IMG_0337.jpg
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	5792017

Removed the frets, and installed orange dots to match the electronics

Name:	12696121_795271813910705_1861012483_n.jpg
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	5792018
      https://www.facebook.com/ChaozGuitars

Comment

I call this one my Ping-RS lol.

Not really a build, but thought it came out alright. I picked this fake up just to fulfill a santana gas phase I had going. Replaced everything but the wood. Plays okay, sounds like nothing particularly special, but it works lol. It's in drop d and I'm slamming a good amount of gain into it from an ISP Theta. Gets the job done. I forgot how much of a pain a floyd can be haha.

Before:

After:

Comment

Tasty!
          "Scalloped & Stickered"
          A Colled One & A Rold One!!!

RIP My Beloved Sleepy Flower

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...t-67-Of-Myself

Comment

My Warmoth Purple Haze soloist body came in the mail today - fricken gorgeous.

Name:	IMG_1543.jpg
Size:	151.2 KB
ID:	5792153

Comment

^^ Yo, that's a killer top/finish. Can't wait to see how it turns out. Got any plans (pickups, neck, hardware) yet?

Comment

Originally posted by YeRedHouseOverYonder View Post
                ^^ Yo, that's a killer top/finish. Can't wait to see how it turns out. Got any plans (pickups, neck, hardware) yet?
                I've got a sentient/pegasus set for the pickups.

I'm trying to decide if I want to use a Schaller Hannes bridge or not. if I do, I'll be able to go with all Scahller hardware and use that cool vintage copper finish they have.

If not that, then I'll go with hipshot hardware. I'd like to use something cool-looking like brushed chrome or satin - straight glossy black or chrome just seems too ordinary for this build.

Comment

W does it again! Beautiful, B2D.

Comment

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	5792161Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	5792162

Just starting in this walnut/pine tele. Gonna drop a custom custom in there I think

Comment

Beautiful grain in that walnut, Loversmoon. That'll take a finish nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by loversmoon View Post
                        Just starting in this walnut/pine tele. Gonna drop a custom custom in there I think
                        Extra points for the wood control cover!

Comment

Originally posted by B2D View Post
                          I'm trying to decide if I want to use a Schaller Hannes bridge or not. if I do, I'll be able to go with all Scahller hardware and use that cool vintage copper finish they have.
                          Nice man, I'd go with the vintage copper finish. Is your body chambered as well? Can't wait for the update pics

Comment

Originally posted by YeRedHouseOverYonder View Post
                            Nice man, I'd go with the vintage copper finish. Is your body chambered as well? Can't wait for the update pics
                            Nope - not chambered. I was going over budget as is with the finish.

Comment

Currently working on a Tele project: Chunky C Roasted Maple Neck with 9.5" Radius and an Alder body in off white. Pickups are Revel Black Watch with UOA5 and Degaussed A5 magnets.

Comment

Ive been slapping this thing together the last few weeks,and finally today the pickguard
                                came and its now done.
                                Its got an Antiquity Lap Steel PUP in the bridge.

Comment

Working...
                                X