banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

Always feel a bit guilty sharing my guitars on here that don't have Seymour Duncans in them, here's my latest hot off the workbench complete with a TB-14 Custom 5 Humbucker in the bridge
    Click image for larger version

Name:	12884527_813832415387978_1540053084_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	5792327

Name:	12884641_813832382054648_480290854_n.jpg
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	5792328

Name:	12092636_813832318721321_1217064388_n.jpg
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	5792329

Name:	12421410_813832808721272_683372397_n.jpg
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	5792330

Name:	12064048_813832848721268_1016775828_n.jpg
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	5792331
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaozGuitars

Comment

Beautiful, ChAoZ. Great job.

Comment

• Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

Pics to come- over the Xmas break I slapped together a Warmoth Charvel clone Black Korina Shredder- Floyd, single EVH hum... Just got her back today from the great Matt Brewster at 30th street guitars in NYC for the final Fret level and setup and it plays like a dream..

I had another guitar refretted and plecked, and I can tell you, a good Lutheir can do just as good a job as a plek machine and a lot cheaper
        Last edited by jmh151; 03-21-2016, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jmh151 View Post
          Pics to come- over the Xmas break I slapped together a Warmoth Charvel clone Black Korina Shredder- Floyd, single EVH hum... Just got her back today from the great Matt Brewster at 30th street guitars in NYC for the final Fret level and setup and it plays like a dream..

I had another guitar regretted and plecked, and I can tell you, a good Lutheir can do just as good a job as a plek machine and a lot cheaper
          Freudian slip?
          "Screw regulations. Bring the noise."

Comment

Waiting for my SSL-52 Five-Twos to arrive off of backorder. Just got my Tru Oil in the mail (you can't buy it in Canada for some reason), so now I can finish the neck.

I reshaped the neck, flattening the back, and it is symmetrical to the 7th fret, from the 7th to the nut it gets increasingly assymetrical. I put a contour gauge on it on every odd fret and traced it. I'll post the image of that if anyone wants to see it.

I made my own pick guard from birch, 1/8" thick

I have finished woodburning and staining the body, and have a few coats of nitrocellulose on it.

I'm going to wire the JB Jr. to a DPDT on-on-on switch for a series/split single/parallel option, and then wire a master tone, master volume, blend pot. (I may ask for help on the wiring schematic....)

This is my first build, and first attempt at wood-burning anything. So please be kind.

Name:	Phx Back 2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	5792394Click image for larger version

Name:	Phx Back.jpg
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	5792395Click image for larger version

Name:	Phx Front 2.jpg
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	5792396Click image for larger version

Name:	Phx Front.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	5792397Click image for larger version

Name:	Phx Neck.jpg
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	5792398
            I strive to be the person my dog thinks I am.

Comment

Very nice burning. Hard to believe that's your first try at it. Looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by treyhaislip View Post
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]70928[/ATTACH]
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]70929[/ATTACH]
                Ohhhh yeeaaaahhhhh

Comment

Originally posted by rgand View Post
                  Very nice burning. Hard to believe that's your first try at it. Looks good.
                  I concur!

Originally posted by B2D View Post
                  Ohhhh yeeaaaahhhhh
                  My thoughts exactly when I unwrapped that 1 piece roasted maple neck!

If anyone reading this has NOT tried an unfinished roasted maple neck...you owe it to yourself as a guitar player to at least try one!

Comment

Originally posted by treyhaislip View Post
                    If anyone reading this has NOT tried an unfinished roasted maple neck...you owe it to yourself as a guitar player to at least try one!
                    This is a fact. I can't imagine ever wanting any thing else.

Comment

Scored an Ibanez Prestige neck in a sad state - cracked heel,binding missing, frets badly leveled.Decided to make a travel guitar with it - Paduak body, Mocked up with a dirty ol' Dimarzio but I have a SD I could put in it - Anyone tried a coil tap on a Dimebucker - how was the single coil tone?

Name:	12968687_828725160565370_1934688657_n.jpg
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	5792626

Comment

**** yeeeeeeee. I love that idea. Wood becomes a heap cheaper in sizes like that. Could score a nice burl and still have an ******* after.

Comment

Originally posted by ChAoZ View Post
                          Scored an Ibanez Prestige neck in a sad state - cracked heel,binding missing, frets badly leveled.Decided to make a travel guitar with it - Paduak body, Mocked up with a dirty ol' Dimarzio but I have a SD I could put in it - Anyone tried a coil tap on a Dimebucker - how was the single coil tone?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71645[/ATTACH]
                          BroMah How much bigger is the overall size compared to a standard s pickguard? Looks the samboes.

Comment

Originally posted by kramersteen View Post
                            BroMah How much bigger is the overall size compared to a standard s pickguard? Looks the samboes.
                            I used an RG pickguard template to shape the body

Comment

Name:	13059528_835512409886645_1792829773_n.jpg
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	5792766

I've got Flamed Roasted Maple - smells delicious like Maple Syrup when cutting and routing

Name:	13023178_835526313218588_1607694432_n.jpg
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	5792767

For a Multiscale 7 string build

Name:	13084321_835568709881015_1337850130_n.jpg
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	5792768

Comment

Squier Classic Vibe body (pine? looks like it, doesn't sound like basswood) & parts, Squier Mike Dirnt neck & tuners, and a handwound pup I got off ebay by pacnwguitars for $50 (wound to 7.7k).

So far, I'm digging it. It rings pretty well, but it's a touch neck heavy.

I'm thinking it needs a w/b/w pickguard...
                                "Screw regulations. Bring the noise."

Comment

Working...
                                X