banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

Click image for larger version

Name:	107.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	5789705

Got the frets installed, thought they trimmed a bit to easily for stainless steel, then when I filed them flush with the neck I knew something was wrong, Doh wrong packet - Oh well jumbo nickels it is then

Name:	108.jpg
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	5789706
    Last edited by ChAoZ; 01-08-2016, 04:29 AM.
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaozGuitars

Comment

Originally posted by ChAoZ View Post
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]69416[/ATTACH]

Got the frets installed, thought they trimmed a bit to easily for stainless steel, then when I filed them flush with the neck I knew something was wrong, Doh wrong packet - Oh well jumbo nickels it is then

[ATTACH=CONFIG]69417[/ATTACH]
      I'm using that exact same superglue! I don't know why but this stuff doesn't dry out as fast as other superglues. I can mix it with maple powder and use that sludge to fill my logo. great glue.

Comment

Got the rear neck profile carved, came out real nice - how I remember the first RG550's feeling like

Name:	109.jpg
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	5789740Click image for larger version

Name:	111.jpg
Size:	131.8 KB
ID:	5789741Click image for larger version

Name:	113.jpg
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	5789742

Comment

Nice job on that neck.

Comment

I just finished this. Alder body, maple neck, stainless steel frets, Schaller locking tuners, WCR Fillmores, 3 way switch, EVH pots. The guitar came out way better than I had ever hoped for...it just sings

Name:	Strathum2.jpg
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	5789743

Name:	Strathum4.jpg
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	5789744
            Gravity...its just a theory

Comment

^^^^^^

Lovely!
              "Very,very" close to my next project!

Gotta inquire about the p/g color,tho,looks kinda Minty.

Nice!
              "Scalloped & Stickered"
              A Colled One & A Rold One!!!

RIP My Beloved Sleepy Flower

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...t-67-Of-Myself

Comment

The "jazzcaster" body from Warmoth should be here tomorrow. Hopefully...It was suppose to arrive today... Anyhow, I started working on the electronics ahead of time:

Using a Seymour Duncan CS Hybrid 10.5k (Throbak UOA5). It was a parchment color humbucker. I added some Kiwi Brown Shoe Polish to stain it a bit. Looks decent. Not exactly like the '78 model to the left, but better than nothing. Very similar to the ivory cover I have for a vintage p90.
                Before:

After:

I'm using 500K Bourns pots. I prefer the taper on these than CTS. Vitamin Q cap .022 ish. 3 way blade. I wired to a "50's style wiring" to fit the p90/humbucker combo nicely. My soldering could've came out better, but it'll do.

Just got to play the waiting game now.
                Last edited by YeRedHouseOverYonder; 01-15-2016, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Got the rear neck profile carved, came out real nice - how I remember the first RG550's feeling like
                  The neck came out really good. Nice job!

Comment

I'm working on approximately 12 projects right now, in various stages of completion. Here are a few progress pics of several projects.

experimenting with my logo on headstocks:

Just completed (solid flamed maple body, maple neck, ebony board, JB jr in neck, duckbucker mid, JB/Fullshred bridge, Gotoh floyd, sperzel locking tuners)

A TM: lightweight single piece swamp ash, 2 hums, Hipshot hardtail, 3 piece maple neck with padouk stringers, ebony board and custom inlay:

Overview: truss rod cover, back cover, knob and pinstripes are all of the same wood: padouk

Comment

So I found this Warmoth body on ebay and couldn't resist it... I already had a strat clone neck with block markers - like a Gibson but then... I found this old, well used maple Warmoth neck and had to have it... Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender (7).jpg
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	5789774Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender (8).jpg
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	5789775Click image for larger version

Name:	warmoth body.jpg
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	5789776

Nothing is really attached here yet - the body is routed for a Floyd and I had one sitting around that is a pretty good fit... the neck fits nicely into the pocket but isn't attached yet either. I have some roller string trees and Gotoh locking tuners on the way - should be here any day now. For my double humbucker Tele that I put together recently, Dominus suggested I try my Air Zone in the bridge and my Mo'Joe in the neck. I didn't use them there but I think I will try them here...
                      The Artiste formally known as IndySG...

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]69416[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]69417[/ATTACH]
                        One day man... I'm gonna pay you big bucks to build me a guitar!
                        Within the glow that weaves a cloak of delight ... There moves a thread that has no end
                        Yours is the cloth, mine is the hand that sews time ... For me, the cloth once more to spin
                        At last the arm is straight, the hand to the loom ... Is this to end or just begin?

sigpic My guitars + better pics

Comment

Nice looking guitar kavar57! Zebra Wood body? Got any picks of it completed?
                          Where Words Fail, Music Speaks
                          If a positive attitude is a Magnet for positive results, what type positive attitude sounds best, A2, A5, UOA5, A8, C8, or?

Comment

Originally posted by HALENisking View Post
                            One day man... I'm gonna pay you big bucks to build me a guitar!
                            Most of the time I have trouble selling them for what they cost me in parts alone - so "big bucks" might not be necessary, would love to work with you one day - never sent a guitar international before

Comment

Originally posted by B2D View Post
                              I just ordered a Warmoth Soloist body in their limited edition Purple Haze finish.

I've wanted to build a Warmoth for over 10 years. When I saw this, I thought "I can't not have this. It's now or never."

[ATTACH=CONFIG]69229[/ATTACH]

Thats pretty much the exact same thing I fantasize about everytime on on that site.. Except hadnt seen that exact color before.. WOW
                              Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]69490[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]69491[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]69492[/ATTACH]
                                VEry nice!!! Love the stripe in the board too!
                                Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
                                X