banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

Jeebus...
    "Scalloped & Stickered"
    A Colled One & A Rold One!!!

RIP My Beloved Sleepy Flower

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...t-67-Of-Myself

Comment

Originally posted by ChAoZ View Post
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]71949[/ATTACH]

I've got Flamed Roasted Maple - smells delicious like Maple Syrup when cutting and routing
      WOW

WOW

WOW!

Ok, that has got to be the best looking neck blank I've ever seen...Roasted Maple is beyond awesome....trying not to be jealous lol Looking forward to the progress!

Comment

Not as cool as ChAoZ's striped beauty, but...

Got the black on and the stripes taped out. Hopefully going to put the white on today after work.

Click image for larger version

Name:	13334365_10101031466674648_1020448873_o.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	5793076
        Nope...

Comment

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk
          Nope...

Comment

^ Curious as to why there was no grain fill on that Ash. Respect and sh*t, but that looks , um, different.Ash is the best fir Van Heflin sound,anything in the Range of Northern, which would heavy Ash( You want light Ash ideally, for a nice Strat 50's assembly -"Swamp Ash", from then exact genus of the Ash tree) which is Swamp Ash but harvested from further up the tree, usually beyond waterline where your lighter Swamp Ash is.

Tellya what, the real light Swamp Ash just between you and me, is the wood to get while its still around and everyone is focused on Macadamia Rosewood and stuff..
            Last edited by MetalManiac; 06-02-2016, 08:16 PM.
            "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by MetalManiac View Post
              ^ Curious as to why there was no grain fill on that Ash. Respect and sh*t, but that looks , um, different.Ash is the best fir Van Heflin sound,anything in the Range of Northern, which would heavy Ash( You want light Ash ideally, for a nice Strat 50's assembly -"Swamp Ash", from then exact genus of the Ash tree) which is Swamp Ash but harvested from further up the tree, usually beyond waterline where your lighter Swamp Ash is.

Tellya what, the real light Swamp Ash just between you and me, is the wood to get while its still around and everyone is focused on Macadamia Rosewood and stuff..
              Cuz Ed sure as heck didn't sit there and prep his stuff before paint, so why should I? LOL

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk
              Nope...

Comment

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	5793150Click image for larger version

Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	5793151Click image for larger version

Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	5793152
                Just ordered this roasted maple neck from warmoth to go on my tele body I've been putting together. I was back and forth on keeping it but I have a feeling it's gonna end up my main squeeze

Comment

This is what I'm in the middle of putting together: *technically*, an Andy Summers Tribute without the battle scars. It's a '59n + Vintage Stack Lead..The body is a Squier Vintage Classic. Couldn't find a reasonable source for solid brass unplated bridges (PM me if you know a source). I'm not going to be following the Andy Summers template *exactly*, as I'll probably leave the neck pup flipped, add a phase switch to the bridge, skip the internal gain boost, and add a push/pull volume pot to split the neck.

The other difference I'm contemplating is the neck... the Andy Summers model is an all maple neck. Considering how dark the body is, I think a maple bright neck would pop too much, visually speaking. So I might go with a maple/ebony - retains the Tele spank and brightness, without the maple visual imbalance (other woods are open to consideration).
                  "Screw regulations. Bring the noise."

Comment

Originally posted by GilmourD View Post
                    Not as cool as ChAoZ's striped beauty, but...

Got the black on and the stripes taped out. Hopefully going to put the white on today after work.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]72644[/ATTACH]
                    Dang, if that green was painted on, I'd be all over that color combo

I like that you left the grain un-filled, even with the white over it. Way more character than a production guitar.

Comment

I wish I had the wood working skills like you guys do.... I'm too ****ing impatient to do things correctly.

Kudos to you guys!
                      Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

I got this bit ready for something.

Comment

Yah, I thought the black & green would've been pretty cool too.
                          "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Computer died a while ago, gave me more time to work on my current builds

Name:	13423853_966805446772086_1839007915629315806_n.jpg
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	5793271

Name:	13336046_961261493993148_7131844731624603715_n.jpg
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	5793272
                            https://www.facebook.com/ChaozGuitars

Comment

Views:	2
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	5793274Click image for larger version

Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	5793275

Completed

Comment

Got the X-style wired and strung for the first time

Name:	13501555_1090503457698335_7883899388243486159_n.jpg
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	5793282

Name:	13524547_1090503454365002_4100126277000790166_n.jpg
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	5793283
                                https://www.facebook.com/ChaozGuitars

Comment