I got a new guitar.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blakejcan View Post
    I play sitting down mostly and I'm sure it depends on the strap. That said, this does not have the huge heavy vintage and period correct banjo tuners. It has steinbergers which are rad and I think helps dramatically lower the total weight on the headstock and doesn't give it as much neck dive

Now.......it is easily the longer guitar I own. I almost hit walls with it turning to adjust my amp or something.
    Haha. I just got a bass and I definitely need to rearrange the room.

Comment

I play sitting down mostly and I'm sure it depends on the strap. That said, this does not have the huge heavy vintage and period correct banjo tuners. It has steinbergers which are rad and I think helps dramatically lower the total weight on the headstock and doesn't give it as much neck dive

Now.......it is easily the longer guitar I own. I almost hit walls with it turning to adjust my amp or something.
      How do you like those Steinberger tuners? I've never used them, but I am curious.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I kinda love the Steinbergers. Definitely a bit funky the first time you string them up but they lock down real tight and stay in tune. I'd argue that the knob shape is actually way easier to fine tune and grab onto than the standard tulip or tuning key type.

Comment

I kinda love the Steinbergers. Definitely a bit funky the first time you string them up but they lock down real tight and stay in tune. I'd argue that the knob shape is actually way easier to fine tune and grab onto than the standard tulip or tuning key type.
          Yes, that makes sense.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Yeah, the banjos are very heavy and gives the bird a noticeable neck dive. I was considering putting those tuners on mine, but the banjos are just so cool, I didn't have the heart to take them off.
            Originally Posted by IanBallard
            Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Working...
            X