banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Aren't there More Female Guitar Players, Especially Electric?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Why Aren't there More Female Guitar Players, Especially Electric?

Originally posted by Securb View Post
    This is just more of people being offended for other people. It is so easy to take up someone's cause when you don't have one yourself.
    Maybe I'm offended because I don't look down on people because of how they were born and feel that it is wrong to do so. When I see people taking a broad stroke to describe 52% of the human species in a negative connotation rather than evaluating people on an individual basis I feel it's wrong. I'm admittedly an arsehole, but nothing I ever do is based on anything but individual respect or disrespect. Women have not earned a universal distinction of all being bad enough or inferior enough to be looked down upon in my book.

I'm offended because we're all humans and I can't comprehend why people can be so prejudiced.
    Nope...

Comment

"empathy" is the word we're looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Vegetable View Post
        Wow, DreX must have taken Securb off his ignore list!

We have witnessed personal growth in this thread.
        Me and the Dremiester are cool now. We hugged it out.

Originally posted by GilmourD View Post
        Maybe I'm offended because I don't look down on people because of how they were born and feel that it is wrong to do so. When I see people taking a broad stroke to describe 52% of the human species in a negative connotation rather than evaluating people on an individual basis I feel it's wrong. I'm admittedly an arsehole, but nothing I ever do is based on anything but individual respect or disrespect. Women have not earned a universal distinction of all being bad enough or inferior enough to be looked down upon in my book.

I'm offended because we're all humans and I can't comprehend why people can be so prejudiced.
        I have not seen one prejudiced post in this tread. Yes there have been generalizations made in the name of parody and levity. However, I have seen no posts wrapped malice or hatred. For the record "taking a broad stroke to describe 52% of the human species" is called humor. It has been going on for years.

“There are two theories to arguing with a woman. Neither works.”
        ― Will Rogers
        Some people say my humor focuses too much on stereotypes. It doesn't. It focuses on facts.
        - Sarah Silverman

Comment

Well, I never actually found Sarah Silverman very funny. LOL I'm sure there's things she's good at. Comedy is not one of them.

Sent from my Moto X 2014 using Tapatalk
          Nope...

Comment

Well, I never actually found Sarah Silverman very funny. LOL I'm sure there's things she's good at. Comedy is not one of them.

Sent from my Moto X 2014 using Tapatalk
            I think she can be pretty funny. She is very direct and unfiltered in her delivery. Her show was a bit of a disaster but her stand up is pretty good.
            Soundcloud

Comment

I hate that Sarah Silverman quote with a passion. It's not as if a human being goes on a fact finding mission between the moment they hear a joke and begin chortling. To some people, stereotypes and facts are interchangeable.

Comment

Well, I never actually found Sarah Silverman very funny.
                Maybe not but she is really hot.

Comment

A reminder for those who still think guitar is a man's game:
                  Cathy Carter Duncan

She and Seymour started this company, together.
                  She is one of the two most important females in this organization, with MJ a close second.

Let's keep Cathy and MJ in mind, when posting further comments.
                  sigpic
                  "Add about a half-a-teacup o' bass...."
                  --'King' Curtis Ousley

Visit me on Facebook
                  Originally posted by Lewguitar
                  In our heart of hearts we're love. That's who we really are.

Comment

THESE WOMEN ARE EXPLOITING A MANS LOVE FOR HIS GUITAR FOR PERSONAL FINANCIAL GAIN! I FEEL SO USED.

Comment

So, no, I'm not a basement-dwelling neckbeard that's never touched a woman.
                      I'm giving you a thumbs up just for this quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                        This is just more of people being offended for other people. It is so easy to take up someone's cause when you don't have one yourself.
                        Exactly. This is a very common theme nowadays and it has a psychological origin.

The following list does not necessarily use every aspect to explain every individual; some people exhibit this or that aspect... others exhibit others.

...People who:

- have it easy
                        - don't really have to struggle in life much
                        - have no direction
                        - are bored with life
                        - love drama
                        - possess low self esteem

...Have a tendency to want to:

- create a crisis or crises (plural) where none exist
                        - join causes (whether cause is real or imagined)

...Because they want to:

- fill the empty drama hole in their lives
                        - create self-worth
                        - improve their public image

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post
                          ...People who:

- have it easy
                          - don't really have to struggle in life much
                          - have no direction
                          - are bored with life
                          - love drama
                          - possess low self esteem

...Have a tendency to want to:

- create a crisis or crises (plural) where none exist
                          - join causes (whether cause is real or imagined)

...Because they want to:

- fill the empty drama hole in their lives
                          - create self-worth
                          - improve their public image
                          I'll take "anyone who lives in a developed nation" for $1000, Alex.

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post
                            I'm giving you a thumbs up just for this quote.
                            I actually laughed like a loon. I had to tell the wife I was trolling.

Comment

Originally posted by DreX View Post
                              THESE WOMEN ARE EXPLOITING A MANS LOVE FOR HIS GUITAR FOR PERSONAL FINANCIAL GAIN! I FEEL SO USED.
                              Credit where credit's due...I chuckled.

Comment

Which of the proposed features in the last 3 pages are NOT items that the majority of women like?

How is it sexist to identify products that the market indicates are favored by the intended demographic group

At the risk of being repetitive: it is more misogynistic to pretend that women are incapable of deciding for themselves than it is to identify common preferences.
                                Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
                                https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
                                Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Working...
                                X