This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Quality gear... who knew?

I am actually an expert on this subject. All of my guitars are imported crap with faulty electronics.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Lamprecht View Post
      JB from hell... Glad you found a guitar that spoke to you! I jumped around for a little while trying to figure out what I really wanted out of a guitar. I eventually figured out that I loved strat style guitars. I saved up some money and played a ton until I found one I loved. It was a 2006 MIJ. I got it more than 2 years ago and I still play it every day. Every single time I pick it up it's a pleasure and I feel lucky to have it. It's not going anywhere. Enjoy it brother.
      Thanks! Awesome strats are a great thing, glad you found yours. Now, if I can manage to find somebody with a Les Pual Standard for less than the price of an Epiphone...
      “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by DreX View Post
        Some things to consider:
        How about consider that you're saying the same thing over and over and nobody commenting on this thread cares.

I bought a guitar that's way nicer than the other ones I have and I enjoy it. Why do you care?

You've never played any of my guitars, and have no idea how any of them compare to the Fender I just bought.

Go play your guitars and enjoy them. I don't care if they're cheap, expensive, or anywhere in between. I'm glad you're happy with them, and if you're not, I hope you either make them work or move on to greener pastures.
        “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
          How about consider that you're saying the same thing over and over and nobody commenting on this thread cares.
          Everyone says that... but everyone has a reply.

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post

I bought a guitar that's way nicer than the other ones I have and I enjoy it. Why do you care?
          As I've said, maybe you didn't even intend it, but you generalized about the nature of cheap versus expensive guitars which I feel is misleading. Someone might reference this thread, and ones like it, when deciding if they should spend $400 for a MIM Strat, or $900 for an MIA version of the same, and I don't want them to be left with the impression that a MIMs are going to fall apart in their hands, if I can help it. This forum is full of people who are convinced quarter pots are superior to dime pots, steel parts sound better than zinc, believe nitro sounds better than poly, nevermind that there's no hard evidence of there even being measurable and/or audible differences between these things, so the distribution of prevailing opinion is no surprise, but I'm not deterred. All the more reason to stick to it.

Comment

I never said any such thing. Insult fully intended.
            So you mean you've got tin ears ?
            I honestly can't tell the difference between the TV Jones I have in one guitar and the Fender Fideli'trons I have in another,
            sigpic

- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=804435 -
            - https://soundcloud.com/mr-ds-bigband/tracks -

Warning: May contain traces of NUTS

Comment

As I've said, maybe you didn't even intend it, but you generalized about the nature of cheap versus expensive guitars which I feel is misleading. Someone might reference this thread, and ones like it, when deciding if they should spend $400 for a MIM Strat, or $900 for an MIA version of the same, and I don't want them to be left with the impression that a MIMs are going to fall apart in their hands, if I can help it. This forum is full of people who are convinced quarter pots are superior to dime pots, steel parts sound better than zinc, believe nitro sounds better than poly, nevermind that there's no hard evidence of there even being measurable and/or audible differences between these things, so the distribution of prevailing opinion is no surprise, but I'm not deterred. All the more reason to stick to it.
              Your mission is a noble one. Let you never stray from it.

Comment

To the OP, I'm very happy for you man, there are very few things that beat the feeling of suddenly playing a guitar that feels like your hands have been untied and you can now play better/faster/louder than ever before. I myself own from very modest MiKs that cost about 500 euro to pretty high-end CS MiAs that (would have) cost about 5000 USD and I must say even though I have my favorites I love them all!

To the Troll Brigade™, would you please, with cherries on top, knock it the F off? (If you've felt offended by this then yes, I'm talking to you!)
                God I miss the good-old days where there was only that one court jester... *Sigh*, I guess that means I'm getting old...
                Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay
                I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
                Originally posted by That90'sGuy
                Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Boogie Bill View Post

My name is Bill...and I AM a guitar snob.

(Proud of it, too!)

Bill
                  You're not a snob, you just happen to give a **** about how you sound and what you play.

Comment

I just want in on this before it gets locked and nuked to add to my running tally of deleted posts.

Drex, again, you force your OPINIONS on everybody else as FACT. Congrats.

Comment

Someone might reference this thread, and ones like it, when deciding if they should spend $400 for a MIM Strat, or $900 for an MIA version of the same, and I don't want them to be left with the impression that a MIMs are going to fall apart in their hands, if I can help it.
                      Just out of curiosity, do you own stock in an import guitar manufacturer or something?

Anyway, when the day comes that somebody reads through this thread (and all the entertainment it offers); I imagine the one thing they will get out of it is a guy who bought a MIA guitar and really enjoyed it. I hope, at the very least, this thread helps others in the future to consider quality made instruments before they consider buying imports to upgrade them (and in the end spending almost as much or even more money than they would have spent on a quality used MIA instrument).
                      Soundcloud

Comment

I've owned a number of American guitars and a number of imports, and I can't say that the real (American) Gibson's and Fenders that I've owned have been any better, as a whole, than the imports. Of the guitars that I've become attached to and played for several years, most were imports. I did have to change out the pickups in most of them, but not much more than that. I had a 79 Fender Tele that was a keeper, much to everyone's surprise at the time, but aside from that, the guitars that have impressed me the most with their craftsmanship were the late 70s and early 80s Japanese guitars. Right now I'm playing a Classic Vibe Strat (great quality and tone) and a Hagstrom D2F (mediocre quality, excellent tone). I haven't owned an American guitar since around 2000.
                        Last edited by Maggot; 03-23-2015, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post
                          Along the usual butthurt lines...

Ironically enough, Drex reminds me a lot of guys like Edgecrusher or Secur
                          So someone else PM's me and says your slagging me in a thread that I'm not even participating in. Of course your memory and reading comprehension are selective which are the hall marks of a troll. Its infinitely ironic that you're talking about butthurt when thats all you are doing is posting that you are butthurt about something that was said 3 months ago. Let it go dude. It must really upset you that you have to try and drag me into a thread that I'm not even posting in. This is a real "show on the doll where the bad internet touched you" moment for you.

Originally posted by LLL View Post
                          Perpetually offended people need to sack up. Or at least go practice.
                          You need to take your own advice, you are still offended and whining about things said months ago.
                          "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
                          you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

BTW I apologize to JB from Hell for that post. May he enjoy his new strat in good health, I would hate to see threads like this push him away we need more posters like him to return.
                            "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
                            you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Congrats to JB for his new strat. I'm a Gibson kind of guy but I also really love Fenders, Strats and Teles especially. May it bring you, your family, and your bandmates much joy and musical inspiration.
                              Schecter ATX Blackjack C7 BKP Painkiller (B) and Abraxas (N)
                              Hagstrom Hj800 Jazzbox stock pickups
                              Fender Jazz Bass EMG MJ Set
                              Music Man SUB Ray5 stock pickups
                              Line 6 Helix
                              Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Comment

Especially you. So predictable.
                                Originally posted by DreX
                                Nearly everyone still in this thread should have me on ignore by now. The fact that they don't says everything.
                                The only reason anyone describes me as combative is because I don't agree with them and allow them have the last word. Well... too bad.
                                There's no substance to anything I have posted.
                                Originally posted by Evan_Skopp
                                I'm sure that'll be good for a few "likes" from your buddies.

Comment

Working...
                                X