X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That90'sGuy
    replied
    Re: Black Shadow speakers...opinions?

The Black Shadows are modeled after the Electro-Voice speakers, the EV-12Ls. I have two original Series II speakers if you'd like to try them (contact me or look in the Trade section).

Zakk Wylde uses these speakers in a combo he used to record the new acoustic album he put out, so they work great with both clean and distortion.

Leave a comment:

• JALIN
    replied

I got two Blk Shdws Custom 90s to replace the bottom half of my Vint 30 loaded Mesa Recto cab. Best move I ever did, it tightened up the gain from my amp (Mesa Solo 50) as suggested by the Mesa Factory.

Leave a comment:

• Young Angus
    replied

I just looked at mine and its a Black Shadow 90watt celestion speaker.

Leave a comment:

• RCM78
    replied

Black Shadow is just a name Mesa puts on all there speakers. They're actually made by several diffierent companies.
    I have two MESA 4X12's that have two Celestion custom 90's and two EV 150 watters each. All four speakers have the Black Shadow label on them...

Leave a comment:

• Young Angus
    replied

Just curious. The mesa .50 caliber + combo i just bought has one in it and to me it sounds pretty cool. Nice and warm

I just wanted to see what others thought.

Leave a comment:

• StefanM
    replied

A lot of boogie amps had these speakers stock, go and read some reviews at Harmony Central for the boogie Dual Caliber series amps. I seem to remember a few reviewers mention swapping out the black shadow for xyz and then saying what improvement it made.

My DC-3 has a black shadow, some had celestion vintage 30s IIRC, but I haven't heard one of those or this amp with a different speaker in it, so I can't comment sorry.

What amp is this for? Are you looking at replacing the one you have, looking at getting one, or just curious?

Leave a comment:

• Young Angus
    started a topic Black Shadow speakers...opinions?

Black Shadow speakers...opinions?

What is the general consensus on Black Shadows. How they sound and compare to other popular speakers?
Working...
X