My Tokai Love Rock Again For Racer X And Others

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My Tokai Love Rock Again For Racer X And Others

What is the scoop on these axes...I was thinking about picking up a Les Paul Standard, but these look great!! Are they good playing axes?

Farkus
    2007 Strat ('78 bridge, a2 Pro neck)
    1976 Strat (Antiquity 1 set)

Fender, Mesa, Marshall Amps

Comment

Norman, how do you like that Hiscox case? I have one for my classical, and I love it, and I'm thinking about getting a LP case. Only thing is they're very expensive to ship over here to the states (or in my case Hawaii in the middle of the ocean). My Gibby case is starting to fall apart at the seems.

John and Norman, those are both beautiful axes.
      "After I die I shall return to earth as the doorkeeper of a bordello and I won't let a one of you in." -Arturo Toscanini

Comment

Thanks guys for the compliments, my head is starting to swell and I'm sure that also goes for John as well!!!

>:What is the scoop on these axes...I was thinking about picking up a Les Paul Standard, but these look great!! Are they good playing axes? Farkus:<

Farkus - these guitars are very good and gives my 2002 LP Standard a very good run for its money. They are considerably cheaper than your LPs but you do have to get one of the LS models as IMO they are far better. The quality of the hardware, construction etc and the pups are very good however there are some people who have changed the pups out because that is their personal preference. You do need to get one that is made in Japan (not Korea) as these ones are the best - typically prices are in the range of $600 -$700. I did notice one on e-bay that is going for $900, which is the LS85Q (too expensive in my opinion) mine is the LS75Q. They do stay in tune and put out a great tone, they are not powerful pups but then they are '59 PAF (or its equivalent).

>TwofacePimp: how do you like that Hiscox case? I have one for my classical, and I love it, and I'm thinking about getting a LP case. Only thing is they're very expensive to ship over here to the states (or in my case Hawaii in the middle of the ocean). My Gibby case is starting to fall apart at the seems:<

TwofacePimp - I love these cases, I have 6 of them and use 2 for my guitars and 4 for my basses. They stand the rigours of gigging and also when flying. A few years ago I had these demonstrated to me, the guy had a LP in one of these cases and we were 2 floors up and he threw it out of the window onto a concrete floor!! When we went to retrieve it there was nothing on the case and when we opened it up the guitar was perfect. Need I say anymore? If you can get one for your LP then do so as I think it is going to be far better then any ordinary case. If they are expensive because of where you are then get a good hard moulded case, I think you can get these for about $50-$60 and make sure they fit your guitar.

Norman
        Normans Guitars

Comment

Working...
        X