chin up bro. you got tracking?

Comment

Re: Any experience with Dillion?

Originally posted by kramersteen View Post
      chin up bro. you got tracking?
      Yeah. Thursday.

Comment

Well... 18 months ago I bought a tobacco sunburst Dillion Phoenix with the three knob setup that are in line as opposed to the for now it was the last one that was available they listed for about $1,200 I put an offer in about 300 less than what his asking price was and got the guitar when it arrived I was totally blown away. my lead guitar player in my band has several Gibson Firebirds that is very expensive we compared the Dillion side-by-side the Gibson's and found the fit finish and build quality of the Dillion,was right up there with the Gibson. Jeff was totally impressed with the play ability of the guitar also. The guitar was slightly a little bit different in shape than Gibson, so it wouldn't fit in the Gibson style case, but we were able to find a bass guitar case at Guitar center that was a perfect fit. The guitar is extremely well-balanced the humbucking pickups are phenomenal in sound they also work extremely well in the blend modes, and cool tap modes, which with three separate pull-up taps gives intimate variations, for mixing all three of the pickups, I love having the master tone which works extremely well, there is no neck dive on the guitar it's just super balanced. if a person was blindfolded they wouldn't be able to know the difference between this guitar and a Gibson. The dillians are being harder to come by especially the Korean ones make sure that you're buying a Korean won and not the Canadian one. you're welcome the right pin anytime and ask any other questions and I can even send photos of mine. My brother is a senior design engineer at fender so I played this guitar through many different kinds of amplifiers mostly too and some 70s vintage solid state amps. it's got an excellent sound and playability hope you get yours!
        Originally posted by 2ndhandband View Post
        I have an opportunity to buy a lightly used Dillion Phoenix, which is essentially a Firebird copy, for peanuts. I'm kind of in the market for another FB anyway and this one has three pickups which appeals to me. Does anyone have experience with these? I get that it's probably going to have cheap-ass hardware and electronics that will need replaced, but then so do the Gibsons for a lot more $$$. Has anyone played these guitars or had any direct experience with them?
        Last edited by BeBop1956; 10-10-2019, 10:47 AM.

Comment

No but I like them. One Ebay they had a Mosrite style from Dillion with Wilkson parts and a Wisgby vibroto. 500 dollars. I wanted it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	mos84edb6a51c07cdec460e0deb3f6c455f.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	5817248

Comment

Originally posted by BeBop1956 View Post
            Well... 18 months ago I bought a tobacco sunburst Dillion Phoenix....... you're welcome the right pin anytime and ask any other questions and I can even send photos of mine. My brother is a senior design engineer at fender so I played this guitar through many different kinds of amplifiers mostly too and some 70s vintage solid state amps. it's got an excellent sound and playability hope you get yours!
            This thread is from WAY before you even bought yours. You'd hope he'd have it by now, and also be way beyond needing any pre-purchasing advice.

Comment

I had two mosrite copys. One being a discontinued model in tobacco burst, neck binding, humbucker sized single coils, and a more correct shaped headstock. That was a great guitar. I'm sore that I don't have it anymore. The second mosrite copy was newer with no neck binding and a bulky headstock shape. That one played well enough, I think I offloaded that one to get the previous one.

And I had the rickenbacker bass copy. No complaints about it. Decided I wasn't really into bass playing and sold that, and gave my SX jazz bass copy to my niece.

I'm not sure about the mention of the 'real dillions' I notice there are differences between ones you buy domestically and those that are sold in Canada. It looks like to me the Canadian marketed ones are the better ones.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexR View Post
                This thread is from WAY before you even bought yours. You'd hope he'd have it by now, and also be way beyond needing any pre-purchasing advice.
                We don't need "resurrected thread" policing here; let people talk.

Comment

We don't need any policing police here either........let people be able to let posters know their addition wasn't specifically relevant anymore. They can continue of course to talk about the guitars and what they are like even if the OP had theirs.

Comment

Working...
                  X