80s BC Rich Gunslinger deal identification help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 80s BC Rich Gunslinger deal identification help

Set the term wherever it works for you. Some guys have the them set to bottom on the body so you can't pull up, but it is monster stable. Nothing wrong with that. They are not "supposed to be" anywhere.

They are supposed to be stable and where you need them to be. Floating is one option, level is one floating option.
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Is the Kahler locking nut top or bottom mount? I have quite a few of those nuts and they can be mounted either way, but for BCRich generally 1988 and newer were top mount regardless whether it has an Ibanez Edge (1987-1988) or a Kahler (1988-1/2-up)
      Also that is not a Gunslinger, it is an Assassin because of the dual humbuckers. The tips of the horns are also much more pointier than usual, but that could be the angle of the pics.

Edit-
      Looks like you just need to lower the trem and loosen the spring claw and retune. That should get everything to where it needs to be.

Edit again-
      I just saw it was top mount, so thats definitely a 1989-up
      Last edited by metalchurch79; 07-30-2017, 01:50 PM.
      87 Kramer Pacer Deluxe, 87 Kramer Pacer Imperial, 88 Kramer Nightswan, 83 Kramer V, 88 Kramer F3000, 87 Charvel Model-3, Charvel Jake mutt, > into some rack stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
        Also that is not a Gunslinger, it is an Assassin because of the dual humbuckers.
        I thought Assassins were all neck-thru construction. Did they make bolt-on Assassins? I suppose just about anything is possible with Class Axe.
        Originally posted by crusty philtrum
        And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Yes they sure did.
          Gunslingers were generally 1humbucker or 1hum/1single, (but rare) Assassins had the dual humbuckers.

Edit-
          Gunslingers also almost always had a single volume only, but not always.
          Last edited by metalchurch79; 07-30-2017, 01:49 PM.
          87 Kramer Pacer Deluxe, 87 Kramer Pacer Imperial, 88 Kramer Nightswan, 83 Kramer V, 88 Kramer F3000, 87 Charvel Model-3, Charvel Jake mutt, > into some rack stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
            Is the Kahler locking nut top or bottom mount? I have quite a few of those nuts and they can be mounted either way, but for BCRich generally 1988 and newer were top mount regardless whether it has an Ibanez Edge (1987-1988-1/2) or a Kahler (1988-up)
            Also that is not a Gunslinger, it is an Assassin because of the dual humbuckers. The tips of the horns are also much more pointier than usual, but that could be the angle of the pics.

Edit-
            Looks like you just need to lower the trem and loosen the spring claw and retune. That should get everything to where it needs to be.

Edit again-
            I just saw it was top mount, so thats definitely a 1989-up
            Yeah I was going to say what dystrust said and it doesn't have quite the same horn profile as the assasins seem to have but it is routed for double humbuckers sooo?

Comment

To me those horns are pointier than a Gunslinger, and looks more like an Assassin. Plus the dual humbuckers, and the volume/3-way/tone all add up to it being an Assassin.

Comment

Well I just took off the neck and it confirms what we've been saying!

Comment

Originally posted by milohodges View Post
                  Well I just took off the neck and it confirms what we've been saying!

Also this on the bottom of the neck which I have no idea what means

Comment

Originally posted by milohodges View Post
                    Thanks man! It has really good frets and a fretboard the only thing that gets me is the trem because they way it's set up it leans back into the recess cavity but the saddles are even and when I tried to put it at the normal set height the saddles weren't a weird angle I'll give some more pics to show what I mean

As you can see here this is what it looks like from the store/previous owner set up, the trem baseplate is at the wrong angle (not even with the body) but the saddles are perfectly even with the body??

Now here I depressed the bar to where the trem baseplate to where it is level with the body but as you can see it's really high up off the body and the saddles aren't even with the body anymore?? It really stumps me, is it supposed to be at that weird angle or should I try and set it up?
                    Your Trem issue is just set up. Ideally, they should be level, like in your last pic. just need to find the right balance of spring tension in the cavity to level it out.
                    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Awesome guitar man! back in the mid 90s i had a USA ST-III the same color as yours. It was a sweet guitar and one of those that "you regret getting rid of" stories. It was so "uncool" to play a lite blue guitar in the era of grunge....lets just put it that way. I love the tone from that thing.

How those Dirty Fingers pickups ended up in there is sort of a mystery. It probably came with Dimarzio pickups stock when it was built. Kahler bridge looks original yet probably a custom build. I am pretty sure at that point they were coming with lo-pro edge trems from the factory.

Sweet guitar nonetheless and i would be interested in buying if you were willing to sell it.
                      Charvel, Kramer, Gibson, Fender, MIJ/US Epiphone, BC Rich
                      Full Shred, Distortion, JB, Custom (Custom), Screamin' Demon, Cool Rails, Alternative 8, Mini Humbucker, Lil 59, 59, APH-1, Black Winter, Silverbird, SP90, PATB1,2,3, YJM, 59/custom hybrid, SSL-1 AH1BJ, Jazz, Antiquity JB/Jazz, Alpha/Omega

Comment

Hello: I have a very similar BC Rich with two EMGs , Kahler tremolo and Spetzels tuners. Mine has a reversed headstock that also reads made in USA TM

Comment

Very cool guitar! Looks like a Mahogany body too. Nice.
                          MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Imperial
                          1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
                          1988 Kramer Nightswan
                          1989 Charvel Sambora
                          2016 Warmoth Hellacaster
                          Boogie Private Reserve Lone Star Combo
                          Rivera Hundred Duo Twelve

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
                            Your Trem issue is just set up. Ideally, they should be level, like in your last pic. just need to find the right balance of spring tension in the cavity to level it out.
                            Is it just me or is that bridge pup set really high, so that's why the bridge is set up really high?

Cool guitar.

Comment

Working...
                            X