banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I Bought a S.G. & I kinda hate S.G.’s....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So I Bought a S.G. & I kinda hate S.G.’s....

Originally posted by Ayrton View Post
    No Tele, and no SG love?!

Nah, ergonomic nightmares (for me). I like the sounds. They just don't work for me.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

We are going to send you to the Empty Pockets school of rock
      -Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
      “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

They look nice have no desire to buy one. I didn't like the sound of the pickups either when I tried one out, the neck is wider than I like and the weight not fussy on. And then there is that ongoing problem with keeping them in tune.
        If learning isn't difficult at times you're not learning.

RocknRoll will never die ( I wont let it! )

Comment

Originally posted by Empty Pockets View Post
          If you order a guitar sight unseen without playing it first you deserve all of the hassles that come with said practice.

Also, declaritive sentences don't require question marks.
          I'm going to have to disagree with you on that. Personally I don't think anyone "deserves" to spend good money on inferior gear, EVER!!! Even guys who sit behind their computer & presume to tell others they deserve don't deserve that...

I live in a very rural area quite literally on top of a mountain & we haven't had a decent musical instrument store within 150-200 miles for well over a decade so buying gear sight unseen over the internet is about my only option aside from taking a day trip to go to some place that may not have anything that I'm even remotely interested in...

98% of the time it works out great for me & if it doesn't I'm always very careful to make sure I buy from a retailer that has a great return/exchange policy. Even if I had to return one or two before getting one that I liked & pay the return shipping which is unlikely, it would still be cheaper than what I'd spend in gas & time taking the trip. Plus I've already got almost a dozen other solid bodies here so I'm reasonably sure I can manage to keep my fingers busy until things are worked out with the new one..

Also FWIW my period & question mark keys are right next to each other on my tablet & I type kinda fast but thanks for the punctuation lesson!!! Mrs. Evens my 6th grade English teacher would be very pleased to know someone out there was keeping me on my game after all her hard work! Unfortunately like most of the people I've met in my lifetime I was born into the human race so I'm pretty much inherently flawed which means that I sometimes make mistakes, as well as typos, & even worse I miss them afterwards....

Even so I am very sorry for the mistake....

Please have a safe & very happy holiday!!!
          I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Comment

Being in a position to play every piece of gear before buying it is a luxury few of us have. I see something I want, I buy it, and if it is a dud, I sell it. Rinse and repeat as necessary
            -Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
            “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

Being in a position to play every piece of gear before buying it is a luxury few of us have. I see something I want, I buy it, and if it is a dud, I sell it. Rinse and repeat as necessary
              Hear hear!!!
              I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Comment

I don't live very far from a few stores, and within an hour's driving distance I can get to a few dozen. I still choose to buy online a lot, just so I can try it out with my gear and my band. I usually get a better price, too, and I've only not been happy a few times (and that was after a few weeks which can happen when you buy anywhere).
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I love my SG???

Comment

+1 This is how I got into flipping gear. Couple of years later, I have a good amount of keepers and stuff to fund new acquisitions.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Comment

^ Living in Australia and being Left Handed that is my existence......or at least it was until I started making my own.

Comment

Working...
                      X