Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EBow+: a creative tool?

Hello guyz!
    I just got the EBow +: an electronic bow for guitar.
    Here’s an unboxing, test, demo, tips, review video:

Re: EBow+: a creative tool?

Nice! I've used an Ebow for the last 25 years. I have a newer Ebow+ and an original one, from 1976. I like the older one better (more subtle), but the new one rocks, too. I use mine with a looper or long delay, with the tone on the guitar down to almost 0.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Thank you very much!!!
      Yes, I feel kinda ashamed of discovering it just now!

Comment

Love the EBow! Although I've only used it live once, its a super cool tool!

Phil Keaggy really knows how to make it sing--he's the reason my dad got one (and subsequently I got his.)

Comment

I tried it several years ago...couldn't get along with it at all! Extremely awkward to use and very inconsistent in its effect. Yes that is due to the user mostly, but no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get it to be consistent in output, especially if moving to a different string (there's only so much you can play if you stay on just one string). Plus if you move to a different string you can't instantly play a note...you have to wait for it to build up. No, definitely not for me.
          Originally Posted by IanBallard
          Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Another thing to check out is the Gizmotron...works on all 6 strings at once.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
              Now that is really cool!

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                Originally posted by treyhaislip View Post
                Now that is really cool!
                That’s a nifty gadget but I don’t mind telling you that the music in the demo and especially the freaky guy playing it are likely to give me bad dreams tonight!
                Originally posted by The Commodores?
                "Chicken Brown Chicken Brown Cow"

Comment

Originally posted by BriGuy1968 View Post
                  That’s a nifty gadget but I don’t mind telling you that the music in the demo and especially the freaky guy playing it are likely to give me bad dreams tonight!
                  Haha!

Comment

I think I'll probably stick with an assortment of EHX effects for strings and keys. That thing is a monster! And in reality, it would probably be fun to play with, but for live use would stay home with the EHX pedals.

I still have an eBow on my night stand as if I'm about to buy a battery soon and use it again ... but probably not. I never really crossed strings with it and bought it just to play one song when I was 55 and playing in a youth band haha.

I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

I bring and use my Ebow to every gig. With a looper, it is especially fun!

Comment

Originally posted by BriGuy1968 View Post
                        Yeah, I was going to say that the video would be much, MUCH better if it didn't ever show the guy's face!
                        Originally Posted by IanBallard
                        Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

I love my ebow... I use the newest version for violin and flute kind of timbres.

But not currently in a band where it fits.

I also wish I could do more ebow improvisation, but there are so many variables that I kept most parts well defined.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
                          What's so Funny about Peace Love and Understanding?

Comment

Working...
                          X