Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need help confirming this MIJ Strat

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
    i had a mij strat for years and while things might not have been fender correct as far as specs, it was a great guitar. i swapped pups but that was it and happily played it for years.
    My experience too.
    “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

Never had a bad MIJ strat here. The specs were never totally vintage correct, and MIJ Fenders were certainly not perfect, but overall great guitars.

Fuji Gen Gakki is who Fender used from the CBS buyout to around 1996 ("Made in Japan"). Primary production went to Yamano Gakki from '96 until 2015 ("Crafted in Japan") when Fender bought their own plant in Japan.

Fuji is located on the island of Matsumoto along with most Japanese musical manufactures, so subcontracting between factories is not uncommon.
      -Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
      “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

Ya know, even those MIJ Squiers are sweet guitars. The pickups need replacing but that’s all. Even the vibrato and bridge are good. I’ve modded the heck out of it, but here’s mine: Click image for larger version

Name:	40B865F2-01B6-4234-B9F8-2528CE9E0751.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	5805299
        “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

Don’t currently have a big budget, wasn’t exactly planning on buying another guitar, so the purchase will only happen if it’s a good deal. The guitar comes with a generic hard case. As for the vintage frets and other specs, they don’t bother me. I have a classic 60s lacquer strat that I love, this one seems in the same vain. Pickups I always end up changing.

I’m guessing 600-700 is about as high as it would be worth? I’m talking in northern money of course. He initially was asking for much more than this but I believe I can get him to go down to that range. I will be trying it before I commit, but don’t want to make the trip for nothing.

Thanks for all your input guys!
          C-Martin Recordings
          My Soundclick page

Comment

Remember, it is not a rare thing. Commit if you know you can get your money back if you don't bond with it.
            -Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
            “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

Working...
            X