Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Doctor says I have Grote

Originally posted by PS412 View Post
    That's why I really like the tune o matic, it's easy to deal with. No springs or shims, raise it up lower it down. I'm a fan of that.
    Well, there's definitely something to be said for that.
    Originally Posted by IanBallard
    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

So I got another bit of playing time in on this. One thing I thought I would mention. It does have a thick neck. I don't mind it, some may not like it.

Comment

The neck on my Ehdwuld is more slim D like my Gibson
        Than slim C like my Epiphone

Which is a bit thicker but not uncomfortable
        EHD
        Just here surfing Guitar Pron
        RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
        SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
        Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
        Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
        Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
        Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
        GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

My Gibson 07 L.P.C has a 60's profile, unless you read a different article, then it says 50's. Any how the Gibson has a comfortable neck to me. I would say this one is similar except not quite contoured the same. The Grote feels a little more rounded with less of a taper.

Comment

This is how I perceive my Ehdwuld
            EHD
            Just here surfing Guitar Pron
            RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
            SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
            Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
            Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
            Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
            Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
            GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Great looking guitar for a great price! It's good to know you can get a quality guitar without shelling out the big bucks. Congrats on your purchase.

;>)/
              sigpic Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess. - Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by RorySquier View Post
                Great looking guitar for a great price! It's good to know you can get a quality guitar without shelling out the big bucks. Congrats on your purchase.

;>)/
                Thanks. I am enjoying it.

Comment

It's a great looking guitar. I just bought one on ebay 10/19/2019. I was getting very concerned about not having any report until I just recieved a notification with a tracking # so that was a relief. It's coming from Hong Kong. How long does it take to arrive once you recieve your tracking number. I'm in Arizona. Thank you so much for posting this honest review. I figured the hardware might be a little harmonic. I like the blues and that 70's and the grunge in the 90's and some rock in the 80's. I can't wait. I have bought this guitar for my son who's going to be turning 43 in December. He would never buy such a gift for himself because he has a family he generously gives to. He,s a good father, and husband to his wife. I have decided to put either some SD Pearly Gates pickups on it or some Stew Mac pickups he designed but they are not potted as well. Will this cause these pickups to be microphonic?

Comment

Working...
                  X