NGD... ESP Eclipse I

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NGD... ESP Eclipse I

Yes, some guitars just have "it", some dont. My trad pro has lots of mojo, the Gibson LP 2008 model I had, (and paid handsomely for) was great to look at, but had no life...

Great score Bro! Ive never played an actual ESP. Only the LTDs. You paid less for that beaut than an LTD1000 costs. Speaking again of mojo AND Duncans vs EMGs... I had an LTD1000CTM that was a great player, but with the emgs, wasnt as great sounding.. However, I had a LTD ec400ATS and it sounded and played amazing!!! (Duncan 59/JB combo)
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
      Yes, some guitars just have "it", some dont. My trad pro has lots of mojo, the Gibson LP 2008 model I had, (and paid handsomely for) was great to look at, but had no life...

Great score Bro! Ive never played an actual ESP. Only the LTDs. You paid less for that beaut than an LTD1000 costs. Speaking again of mojo AND Duncans vs EMGs... I had an LTD1000CTM that was a great player, but with the emgs, wasnt as great sounding.. However, I had a LTD ec400ATS and it sounded and played amazing!!! (Duncan 59/JB combo)
      This is my 3rd ESP Eclipse. All three were excellent. I've also had two Ltd EC1000s, a Gus G EC600, and at least five EC400AT/401VFs (can't remember if there were more). The Ltds stack up VERY well against the ESPs. You generally get 90+ percent of the playability and fit&finish... for far less cost. Having said that... all three ESPs were purchased used for $750-850 each, so consisering that excellent deal... the ESPs were a far better value. I wouldn't hesitate to buy more Ltds if they were the right price though.
      "Always remember... all you do in life, comes back to you" - Roy Kahn, formerly of Kamelot, during the intro to "Karma" on their One Cold Winter's Night DVD

http://www.soundcloud.com/jwflamenco

Comment

Love it!

Comment

Wow, killer!
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

She's a beauty! Congrats!
            Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

Congrats with a great guitar - I own a simular one with the same finish. It's loaded with Seymour Duncan Jazz / Distortion combo (nickel covered). I'm going to swap the jazz with a '59 from my Les Paul. The SH2 Jazz is a little to bright in the ESP, and the '59 is a little to dark i Les Paul neck - winwin sutiation. The wood in Eclipse is very bright comparing to other mahogany guitars.

Actualy this guitar soungs pretty nice with EMG, especially the 60. Good balanced. But I wanned to give it a fair vintage look, yet still remain a metal machine.
              I like it a bit better than my Les Paul Classic - the Eclipse is a stunning guitar

One good thing about the Eclipse is that the bridge ground is available in the cavity. It's an easy mod to swap to passives, if you want in the future. It was much worse with the LTD EC1000. But I can aggree that the EC1000 is almost as good as the Eclipse. It's just that the Eclipse plays like butter, while the EC1000 is a work horse. Both amazing guitars.
              Last edited by Troll; 08-13-2018, 03:21 PM. Reason: added some text

Comment

Nice. Enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                  Congrats with a great guitar - I own a simular one with the same finish. It's loaded with Seymour Duncan Jazz / Distortion combo (nickel covered). I'm going to swap the jazz with a '59 from my Les Paul. The SH2 Jazz is a little to bright in the ESP, and the '59 is a little to dark i Les Paul neck - winwin sutiation. The wood in Eclipse is very bright comparing to other mahogany guitars.

Actualy this guitar soungs pretty nice with EMG, especially the 60. Good balanced. But I wanned to give it a fair vintage look, yet still remain a metal machine.
                  I like it a bit better than my Les Paul Classic - the Eclipse is a stunning guitar

One good thing about the Eclipse is that the bridge ground is available in the cavity. It's an easy mod to swap to passives, if you want in the future. It was much worse with the LTD EC1000. But I can aggree that the EC1000 is almost as good as the Eclipse. It's just that the Eclipse plays like butter, while the EC1000 is a work horse. Both amazing guitars.
                  Yes, I was able to use the bridge ground in the install... as its recommended with the Fluence actives. I've really been digging my low, medium, and high gain tones with them... so they'll stick around.

That reminds me... I have some EMGs and Blackouts that I need to list in the trading section.
                  "Always remember... all you do in life, comes back to you" - Roy Kahn, formerly of Kamelot, during the intro to "Karma" on their One Cold Winter's Night DVD

http://www.soundcloud.com/jwflamenco

Comment

Working...
                  X