Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thoughts On Gibson 2017 Les Paul Studio Worn T

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
    I'm not jumping up and down about it even at $800....

For less than that you can get an ESP LTD EC-1000. JB/Jazz, great finish, light weight....Perfect for you. Less than $700
    What do you think about this? ESP LTD EC-1000 Spalted Maple Electric Guitar Transparent Red

Charvel Model-5fx EMG 85/SA
    Epiphone Les Paul Custom Korean SD JB/Jazz
    Custom Made Ernie Ball Musicman Copy Dimarzio Super Distortion's
    2019 EVH 5150 III 50 Watt Head 6L6
    1995 Mesa Boogie Tremoverb converted to Head
    Mesa Tremoverb 2x12 cab (factory Vintage 30's) converted to closed back
    Marshall 1960A 4x12 (2 Celestion G12T-75's and 2 WGS Retro 30's X patterned
    Pedaltrain Mini: Currently on pedalboard: ModTone MT-CB Clean Boost, Zoom MS-70CDR, Korg Pitchblack Tuner)

Comment

Originally posted by Charvel1975 View Post
      What do you think about this? ESP LTD EC-1000 Spalted Maple Electric Guitar Transparent Red

https://www.guitarcenter.com/ESP/LTD...rySiloedViewCP
      I'm thinking that it ain't less than $700 ...

Comment

Originally posted by treyhaislip View Post
        I haven't played a 2017...but I had 2 early 2000s Gibson Les Paul Studio with the Worn Finish and they were really great players with really good tone.
        Yea that's why I was also looking online and reading up on the 2008 Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded in Worn Cherry with the factory BurstBucker pickups because the one our bass player had, he let me use it for a couple practices and for the classic rock/hard rock covers we do, it worked out pretty good. His also had Grover Rotomatics in place of the factory tuning keys - the previous owner before him put those on. I think it had .009 - .042 gauge strings on it at the time he let me use it, felt really slinky. I think these were about $800 new but it had the same pickups (Burstbucker Pro) as the more expensive Standard line. I think they cut costs only in the aesthetics (satin finish, no binding, no flamed maple top).
        Charvel Model-5fx EMG 85/SA
        Epiphone Les Paul Custom Korean SD JB/Jazz
        Custom Made Ernie Ball Musicman Copy Dimarzio Super Distortion's
        2019 EVH 5150 III 50 Watt Head 6L6
        1995 Mesa Boogie Tremoverb converted to Head
        Mesa Tremoverb 2x12 cab (factory Vintage 30's) converted to closed back
        Marshall 1960A 4x12 (2 Celestion G12T-75's and 2 WGS Retro 30's X patterned
        Pedaltrain Mini: Currently on pedalboard: ModTone MT-CB Clean Boost, Zoom MS-70CDR, Korg Pitchblack Tuner)

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	twins.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	5809461

I have a 2010 Studio Faded brown, and a 2017 50's Tribute, both of which are lower end models in the Gibson line, but both play great. Both of them have the bigger rounded neck, and both have been modded to 50's wiring, PIO caps, Grover locking tuners, and aftermarket pickups (*Pearly Gates in the faded, and D. Allen P-51 Mustangs in the Tribute). In terms of quality the only problem was that the Faded needed nut work, but aside from that both play great and now sound great with the mods. I bought the Tribute stripped from Stratosphere.com with a coupon for $499, and traded a tele for the faded so even with the mods neither guitar cost me an arm and a leg. The faded is weight relieved, and the Tribute is fairly hefty, but it sustains much better than the faded.

Comment

he intentionally sad finish always felt like it was put there on purpose to let you know they cut corners and made sure it wouldn't feel like a nice guitar.... it's their intentionally-sloppy-feel model on Whatsapp Messenger Hotstar
            Last edited by carlajiji; 09-12-2018, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X