Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NSSD!! (New Shred Stick Day!!)

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
    Very nice. Those Focus models are killer guitars. The body was also made by ESP. I had a beak neck Focus 2000 that I wish I still had. Loaded it with dual Super Distortions (the neck wired in parallel). Nice beefy neck too.
    I believe this is an ‘86. It’s got the transition banana into pointy headstock. Unless I’m mistaken this neck was made in the ESP factory too.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
      I believe this is an ‘86. It’s got the transition banana into pointy headstock. Unless I’m mistaken this neck was made in the ESP factory too.
      Yup, both body and neck were at that time. '86 or thereabouts sounds about right. Mine was an '83-'84. Same body shape but different neck.

Comment

Just got the call from the shop. The Kramer is done and ready for pickup.
        He said he thought it was sounding pretty damn good. Obviously he was jamming out on it!!

I’ll be able to pick it up tomorrow afternoon. Can’t wait!!!

Comment

Ok!! Picked it up. Looks KILLER!!
          Here’s a quick noodling video recorded with my phone. Don’t expect pro audio!! Lol
          I flip back and forth between the bridge and neck pickup a couple of times. I’m sure you be able to hear the difference.

Comment

Comment

Turned out awesome, man!
              "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough" -Mario Andretti

"Cuz we both know I'm just a lost cause, a wannabe poet with a cheap guitar, begging for applause"

Comment

Yeah, I’m really happy with it.

As far as the pickups go, if I had to compare them to a set of Duncan’s...

Bridge is slightly scooped so maybe a Custom 5?

And I’d go with an Anico pro2 or Slash neck?

There are lots more people here with more Duncan experience so maybe they could assess the comparison better than I can?

Comment

Those sound great
                  But I suspect it's hard to find anything that sounds bad through that Splawn
                  EHD
                  Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                  RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                  SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                  Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                  Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                  Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                  Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                  GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

It’s a great amp.

Comment

Working...
                    X