• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NGD: Schecter C-1 Platinum

It is a beautiful guitar

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_H View Post
      The Livewire Classics would sound really killer in there.
      I agree. Problem is, I ordered the "White" ones. Many moons ago, for another project. These would look stupid in this axe.

Click image for larger version

Name:	white.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	5809599

Comment

Yes, that is going to be problematic. I don't suppose you can just switch covers?

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
        I agree. Problem is, I ordered the "White" ones. Many moons ago, for another project. These would look stupid in this axe.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]92420[/ATTACH]
        My Sound Clips

Comment

Very cool guitar! I’ve been eyeing Schecterss lately myself, and NOT being a “metal guy“ I am very curious to hear from you how this guitar works for you.

Congratulations!
          Originally posted by The Commodores?
          "Chicken Brown Chicken Brown Cow"

Comment

The Schecter brand has tremendous bang for you buck value. Good score.
            At least with those pickups, should you decide to swap them out you’ll have zero issues selling them for some decent coin. They are stoopid popular.

Comment

I’d def consider owning a schecter. As others have said, good bang for the buck!

Honestly, i may be weird, but i don’t think the white pickups would look bad in the black guitar, at all.
              Last edited by Open lane; 09-07-2018, 06:33 PM.

Comment

I could always pop 'em in to just to hear how they sound. I think they take the same connector as the EMG's.

Can anyone confirm that?

Btw, it probably come as no surprise to anyone that these EMG's sound killer through the Palladium. The harmonics and sustain just ring out forever. But then again, I'm hearing the Palladium moreso than the pups.
                Last edited by ArtieToo; 09-07-2018, 09:24 AM.

Comment

White on black would actually look pretty cool here

Blackouts use same connector... not 100% sure about livewires, but if they have connector pins, then itll work.

And EMG designs, which Duncan actives seem based on, came with diodes to prevent you shorting them out thru incorrect wiring, so I wouldn't worry
                  "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Cool. I'll probably do this before the day is over.

Comment

Re: EMGs for acoustic sound

Bela Fleck uses either an 81 or 85 in his Deering Crossfire electric banjo.
                      “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Really? That's cool. I'll have to look for a YT vid.

Comment

Rattle can em black
                          EHD
                          Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                          RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                          SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                          Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                          Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                          Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                          Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                          GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Funny you should say that. I have a nice airbrush kit w/compressor, and was thinking about deep red.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
                              I'll bring into the forum one of the things we were just chatting about in PM's. I think that one of the reasons the EMG's sound good through the BBE Acoustimax, is that they have a similar sonic quality to a piezo pickup in an acoustic guitar. They translate the string vibration to an electrical signal. Wouldn't it be a kick in the psyche if this metal guitar was a good acoustic simulator?
                              Artie, I know you know this, but that's what all pickups do.

EMGs even do it the same way as regular passives, with magnets and a coil, just weaker, then they send the signal through an amplification/filtering circuit. Basically building a pickup booster into the pickup.

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
                                Artie, I know you know this, but that's what all pickups do.
                                I know.

What I meant was, humbuckers, by their windings and magnets, color the signal each in their own way. A piezo pickup tends to just be sterile. The EMG's have a bit of that character too. Thus, they make surprisingly good "acoustic" transducers.

I bet my Alvarez sounds killer through the Palladium.

Comment

Working...
                                X