banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NGD: cheap Japanese shredders still exist in 2018, after all!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NGD: cheap Japanese shredders still exist in 2018, after all!

Originally posted by Adieu View Post
    I don't think I've EVER seen anybody stagger or radius hex/screw poles in a guitar.

Like, literally...not once
    Who said anything about staggering or radius? I would swap out a row of hexes for filisters, and try different metal composition filisters.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
      Who said anything about staggering or radius? I would swap out a row of hexes for filisters, and try different metal composition filisters.
      Ah I see

But then again, wasn't one of the typical bland and booooring Designed sets that's supposed to approximate the Distortion essentially the same thing just with screw and cylinder poles? Those things were extremely underwhelming, so it seems like the big invader screws do their job, and WELL???
      "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

NGD: cheap Japanese shredders still exist in 2018, after all!

Originally posted by Adieu View Post
        Ah I see

But then again, wasn't one of the typical bland and booooring Designed sets that's supposed to approximate the Distortion essentially the same thing just with screw and cylinder poles? Those things were extremely underwhelming, so it seems like the big invader screws do their job, and WELL???
        Yeah so the screamin demon is a row of hex and a row of screws, the full shred is two rows of hex, and the Holdsworth is two rows of screws. Then there’s options I’ve never seen like putting invader hexes at one end and normal hexes at the other or playing with different length filisters against the hexes and so forth. Whether any of it is bland and boring is subjective opinion. I’m not saying it’s going to make it the grail, but if it only takes 5 minutes the swap out the screws and hear what it sounds like, I would try that before putting $190 worth of pickups and wiring in a $140 guitar.

It’s your guitar - nice score, enjoy it, mod it, whatever. I was just saying what I would do, keeping it in the cheap side.
        Last edited by beaubrummels; 10-19-2018, 06:27 PM.

Comment

I am a huge fan of Jackson guitars, even more so Japanese made Jackson guitars. I have been on a kick the last couple of years buying top tier Jackson Stars Soloists (I have 4 now) and waiting on a Jackson Stars Kelly to be delivered. I am consistently impressed with the attention to detail from Japanese luthiers. I own an ESP, and several Yamaha guitars from Japan too, and they are just beyond excellent guitars. I own one USA Jackson, a Select B7 Deluxe, and the Jackson Stars I own are just as nice. While I can't say that I got any for $140, I feel like the prices I paid for them are cheap compared to the quality. I remember playing a Japanese Dinky several years back and was quite impressed... It was the white body, with maple fretboard model... I think the model was a DK3 and I really liked it. I am assuming your Rhoads is from the same time frame.

Congrats on the cool guitar! I have always loved the Rhoads shape, such an iconic look!

Cole
          Budda Superdrive II 30, 45, V40, Baby Budda| H&K Duotone | Laney GH100L | Peters Halo/Hydra | Rivera M100 | |Rocktron Vendetta 100 | VHT Pittbull 100/CL]

Comment

Originally posted by ColeJustesen View Post
            I am a huge fan of Jackson guitars, even more so Japanese made Jackson guitars. I have been on a kick the last couple of years buying top tier Jackson Stars Soloists (I have 4 now) and waiting on a Jackson Stars Kelly to be delivered. I am consistently impressed with the attention to detail from Japanese luthiers. I own an ESP, and several Yamaha guitars from Japan too, and they are just beyond excellent guitars. I own one USA Jackson, a Select B7 Deluxe, and the Jackson Stars I own are just as nice. While I can't say that I got any for $140, I feel like the prices I paid for them are cheap compared to the quality. I remember playing a Japanese Dinky several years back and was quite impressed... It was the white body, with maple fretboard model... I think the model was a DK3 and I really liked it. I am assuming your Rhoads is from the same time frame.

Congrats on the cool guitar! I have always loved the Rhoads shape, such an iconic look!

Cole
            I think you meant a DK2M

Beware of Mexicans (same model name) and Indians (cheapie model lookalikes, iirc)
            "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Working...
            X