banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Once you buy a nice Les Paul it takes the GAS out of you.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Once you buy a nice Les Paul it takes the GAS out of you.

Originally posted by Boogie Bill View Post
    But the REALLY CRAZY PART?

I don't even LIKE Les Pauls! I'm a Strat (G&L Legacy) guy! I just keep finding really great deals on really special guitars that speak to me.

(Actually...they yell at me.... "Bill! Take me home! Now!")

Bill

Profit called...you misunderstood
    "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Screw SC's and trems.

If that beauty has a 60's profile neck, you're golden...
      ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
      ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
      ••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Comment

Originally posted by Van Noord View Post
        Screw SC's and trems.

If that beauty has a 60's profile neck, you're golden...
        It does, Asymetrical 60's neck carve.

Comment

Very nice Les Paul. I've been "borrowing" a buddy's LP Trad Pro for the last 3-4 years...LOL. He knows I have it. If anything, it's keeping him from selling it until I can buy it from him.

Comment

No, it doesn't.

Congrats on the LP, though!
            Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
              Very nice Les Paul. I've been "borrowing" a buddy's LP Trad Pro for the last 3-4 years...LOL. He knows I have it. If anything, it's keeping him from selling it until I can buy it from him.
              My only acoustic came was lent to me so I could help record the backing track for a big show for the church choir. The process took a couple months and when I gave it back he was going through a "clear out all of the guitars I don't use" phase, so he gave it to me. It was a $400 Taylor Big Baby in pristine condition for free.

Maybe you'll get lucky too.
              You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
              Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Beautiful. That's it. Just beautiful.

Comment

Very nice! Really like the top.

Is it the end? Most likely no...humans are hardly ever satisfied

It won't relieve you of your GAS, it will just relieve you on your funds!

Comment

That is a beauty, congratulations! Speaking from experience, though, GAS only goes into remission for awhile, it will be back.
                    "Live by the Groove, Die by the Groove."

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
                      My only acoustic came was lent to me so I could help record the backing track for a big show for the church choir. The process took a couple months and when I gave it back he was going through a "clear out all of the guitars I don't use" phase, so he gave it to me. It was a $400 Taylor Big Baby in pristine condition for free.

Maybe you'll get lucky too.
                      Wow, that was nice of him to do that. A cool guitar for sure.

If I get that lucky with this, that would probably make he and I blood brothers..lol. We were bandmates for 11 years and still keep in touch.

Comment

nice lookin guitar! gas suppression is temporary

Comment

It takes the gas out only until the wallet fills back up.

Really really nice flaming LP. Jelly.

Comment

That is a really good looking guitar, but I just have never had a need for a les paul. The seem overhyped to me, not terribly desirable. I know a lot of people say you need a lp and a marshall to get "that sound." However, I have found that my "that sound" is a super strat with a nice el34 hot rodded marshall gain type amp.
                            "My biggest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my guitars for what I told her they cost" -Anonymous

Main Gear:
                            Orange Rockerverb MKIII 50w
                            Orange ppc212 open back cabinet
                            Jackson dx10d
                            DOD preamp 250 Overdrive
                            MXR Carbon Copy
                            MXR Phase 90 (EVH Version)

Comment

The gas never goes away because you can never, repeat NEVER, find your perfect guitar if it is made by someone else. To find YOUR perfect guitar, you have to make it yourself.

Actually, come to think of it, even then the gas doesn't go away.
                              Originally Posted by IanBallard
                              Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

I haven’t gassed for a guitar in years.

However, after years of neglecting all of mine, I am gassing for a bunch of luthierie-type tools lol

Comment

Working...
                                X