banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Once you buy a nice Les Paul it takes the GAS out of you.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Once you buy a nice Les Paul it takes the GAS out of you.

Great looking LP, enjoy.

Comment

Another look !

Comment

That is gorgeous!! I wish you luck keeping the GAS suppressed.... I find new guitars are like a few drops of Beano.. GAS goes away for a little while.

LOVE the strap!!!!
        Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

I gas for other stuff but really another LP. Mine is the only one I really need, regardless of mileage lol

Comment

Originally posted by formula73 View Post
            I gas for other stuff but really another LP. Mine is the only one I really need, regardless of mileage lol

Awesome guitar...I really like LP Customs especially their ebony fret boards and the block inlays. The control knobs are a bit fugly but everything else is righteous.

;>)/
            sigpic Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess. - Oscar Wilde

Comment

JBE, is that a Traditional or a Standard?

Regardless, it's gorgeous. One of the nicest tops I've seen that's not on a 59' RI. I too don't think that finding a great LP cures gas, but it does change it. Earlier this year I'd bought a killer looking Gary Moore LP Standard, and I loved it. It had a 50's neck, which I don't normally care for, but it felt so good. I was very happy with it. Then, I found a '57 RI that I fell in love with. When it arrived it too had a big neck, which I expected, but it has very small shoulders, which gave it the best hand feel lf any LP I've had.

My point is, it immediately rendered my Gary Moore LP irrelevant. No matter how good the GM felt and played, and it did, but it just didn't compare to the '57 RI. So now I'm much more picky about what I want. I'd like a US LP with a 60's neck that I want to have refinished in Candy Apple Red, but it has to have the 60's neck or the asymmetrical neck. I don't want a 50's round neck that won't feel as good as my RI neck. Other than that, I gas for a '59 or '60 RI.

So, my great '57 RI has sort of jaded me towards the standard run of the mill LP. My next is going to have to be another great RI or a USA with a 60's neck....or one that just has a great feel and sound. I know they're out there though, as yours clearly shows.

Congrats again on such a great guitar.
              My Sound Clips

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_H View Post
                JBE, is that a Traditional or a Standard?

Regardless, it's gorgeous. One of the nicest tops I've seen that's not on a 59' RI. I too don't think that finding a great LP cures gas, but it does change it. Earlier this year I'd bought a killer looking Gary Moore LP Standard, and I loved it. It had a 50's neck, which I don't normally care for, but it felt so good. I was very happy with it. Then, I found a '57 RI that I fell in love with. When it arrived it too had a big neck, which I expected, but it has very small shoulders, which gave it the best hand feel lf any LP I've had.

My point is, it immediately rendered my Gary Moore LP irrelevant. No matter how good the GM felt and played, and it did, but it just didn't compare to the '57 RI. So now I'm much more picky about what I want. I'd like a US LP with a 60's neck that I want to have refinished in Candy Apple Red, but it has to have the 60's neck or the asymmetrical neck. I don't want a 50's round neck that won't feel as good as my RI neck. Other than that, I gas for a '59 or '60 RI.

So, my great '57 RI has sort of jaded me towards the standard run of the mill LP. My next is going to have to be another great RI or a USA with a 60's neck....or one that just has a great feel and sound. I know they're out there though, as yours clearly shows.

Congrats again on such a great guitar.
                Its a Standard. Until i saw this one i didn't know you could get a AAAA top from Gibson USA. I always thought the was Custom Shop stuff.
                Ive seen other 2012 Standard with similar tops. That year they were getting some really good figured Maple.

Comment

Originally posted by RorySquier View Post
                  Awesome guitar...I really like LP Customs especially their ebony fret boards and the block inlays. The control knobs are a bit fugly but everything else is righteous.
                  ;>)/
                  To each his own, I guess. To me, factory 45yr old appointments are never ugly.

Unless it’s an Ovation Breadwinner. That’s ugly.

Comment

A Les Paul tames the GAS? For a while, perhaps....

[Looks around and counts the Les Pauls - 1, 2, 3, 4....]
                    Originally posted by Bad City
                    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	C3972A1A-1169-47BB-A2A4-7BEC3432E3EA.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	5810383

That’s a beauty. I have two lower end Les Pauls that I’ve tweaked to play and sound great, but I wish that they looked as great as yours does.

Comment

Wow, that's a beautiful guitar, congratulations - I'm not that jazzed on Les Pauls in general -I like 60s LP specials -such as the 1961 TV (Even the SGs) -for me the neck profile, radius, nut width -everything is better for my hand and the tones are less ubiquitous in rock with the P90s- granted there probably isn't an LP special thats as beautiful as your LP - but I think a Vintage Gibson LP Special, or a 60s Vintage J Acoustic would give me that feeling your getting -but congrats on achieving the lonely emptiness that comes with a completed quest. lol

BTW I love Fenders -but there is no exotic Fender that would give me that feeling because Fenders were inherently cheaper guitars (Maple, Bolt on necks, no head offset, pickup cavity, stamped bridge etc etc) with just the most magical pickups -so a simple American version of any makes me happy -Generally speaking, you can't really get quite as artistically exotic on a Fender like you can on a Gibson with a through neck, curves, carved tops, control cavity, inlays, and other luthier touches inherit to the design that Leo purposefully avoided. Granted there are exceptions -but I mean in general an American Standard Fender is a killer instrument in its simplicity and doesn't really crave the craftsman touches that a Gibson does -and that your beautiful guitar screams.
                        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

And to be honest I’m pretty much done. What’s left is my dream guitar, the Gibson county gentleman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Big semi hollow jazz box?

I went for the semihollow LP sized alternative

Is still want a 335
                            But I probably wont get it any time soon
                            EHD
                            Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                            RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                            SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                            Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                            Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                            Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                            Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                            GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

poor guy, can't even afford shoe strings after buying that beautiful Explorer and Les Paul i kid i kid,
                              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
                                poor guy, can't even afford shoe strings after buying that beautiful Explorer and Les Paul i kid i kid,
                                Ha!!!! I was going to rib AZ about that very same thing!
                                My Sound Clips

Comment

Working...
                                X