Views:	1
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	5810359
    -Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
    “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

Re: New Hamer Standards??

I owned a USA Hamer Standard and a USA Hamer Vector; both based on Gibson's '58 Explorer and Flying V. When I got them, I was surprised to discover the the bodies were much thicker than their Gibson counterparts. This was a major letdown, but I figured I'd get use to them... Well, I didn't. Too thick, and the tone wasn't nearly as good as the Gibson models. I tried a few pickup selections, but this didn't help.

Kaman is the new producer. Have you seem what KMC is asking for them?
      Last edited by 67Mopar; 11-03-2018, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Kaman does not own the brand although they did from the late 80s until about 2009 IIRC when FMIC(Fender) bought the brand and several other Kaman brands. Fender closed Hamer down about 5 years ago and the brand name was sold to the newest owners. KMC is not Kaman. http://www.kmcmusic.com/
        Aint no pro but I know what I like....
        Guitar to sound output:
        Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

You almost have to wonder why the brand doesn't last 10 years before it is sold. The instruments themselves are solid.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

The hamer virtuoso inspired me to make my own ridiculous version.

Comment

Mincer I should loan you a copy of the Hamer book that traces the Paul Hamer/ Jol Dantzig era to Kaman era of Hamer.

The Book : https://www.schifferbooks.com/the-ul...tars-5216.html
              Guitar to sound output:
              Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

I have a Hamer 335 Echotone -it's pretty good -the hot Duncans and fret and body binding make it appear nicer than an equivilent Gibson import of that year -but I prefer the overall weight and neck profile of the Gibson 335
                “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by BTMN View Post
                  Mincer I should loan you a copy of the Hamer book that traces the Paul Hamer/ Jol Dantzig era to Kaman era of Hamer.

The Book : https://www.schifferbooks.com/the-ul...tars-5216.html
                  I really need to add that book to my collection. Currently have one Hamer, a 1993 Special. Great axe, well crafted, although the necks of the Specials are a wee bit too thin for my liking. Not a big deal, though.

Comment

after going doing the wormhole/memory lane on this thread -my Chrome Browser was surrounded in ad banners of Hamer Guitars for sale today...
                    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Hamer Love

Older Hamer family photo. T51 has had a body change to a Gloss Natural with Black guard design. The Black Daytona(Strat) and the Black Blitz are gone along with the Gold Steve Stevens. All the others are still around.

Click image for larger version

Name:	hamerfamily.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	5810415
                      Guitar to sound output:

Comment

Just a question as there have been alot of import Hamers made since they closed shop. How can one tell a Korean one from the others?
                        Its kind of funny to hear someone recommending a Korean made guitar..
                        Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

I used to say that until the last 5-7 years. Koreans, Chinese and Malaysians all have guitar factories over there that have come of age. I'm astonished with some of the quality and pricepoints produced from overseas now. It's all about materials, equipment, experience, supervision, and QC -and it seems it's time to start to revise old opinions on many companies producing imports there.

Comment

Absolutely agree. Import guitars are no longer a negative stigma.. Schecters and LTDs for example are a lotta guitar for the money. Completely gig worthy.
                            Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

I sure would love to have a Monaco Pro with the Victory Inlays, but they ain't cheap. You have any of those Gene?
                              My Sound Clips

Comment

Very nice! And that’s a price I can live with.

Hello Gibson!!! Pay Attention!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X