Squire Strat with Ash body Natural finish HSS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squire Strat with Ash body Natural finish HSS

I have looked all over and can not find anything a squire strat with ash body and natural finish and HSS. Was this a limited run? Just trying to find some information. I pick one up the other day. Great feel to the neck and fast action. Here are some pic...not the greatest. The finish on the guitar is actually really good! Anyway, i would love to hear what people know. Thanks much!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Squire 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	5849757Click image for larger version

Name:	Squire 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	5849758

Re: Squire Strat with Ash body Natural finish HSS

That looks like Alder to me.

Regardless, looks like a nice guitar.
    -Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
    “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

After looking some more on the web, looks like it was a Music and Arts (Chain music store) exclusive Squier Electric Guitar Custom HSS Affinity Stratocaster. Would just like to learn a little more about it. Plays great and I love it and I am sure I will do some upgrades on the guitar. She is a keeper...at least for awhile.

Comment

Yep, and definitely Alder as Ayrton suggested. Cool guitar!

Comment

...Is that one piece?
          Originally posted by King Buzzo
          I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Comment

^ I'm thinking 3

Comment

No its a three piece body.

Comment

Looks nice. Play and sound good?
                “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Plays and sounds good...especially for the PUs that are in the guitar. It needs to be shielded in the cavity and add the tone to the bridge PU. The humbucker can be a bit harsh (bright)...but when you dial off the volume off a little and it loses some treb...nice PU. The sustain is good as well...but the trem is blocked. I have to admit I am surprised at how well it does play. I think I am going to dress the frets and round the edge of the fretboard (though it plays and feels good...just something I do with all my guitars), shield the cavity and add the tone to the humbucker. If I truly love it after that...I will do some upgrades in the PUs, tuners, and maybe even trem. Because I do know one thing...I love the light weight!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X