No announcement yet.

New (first) build: Birch body strat.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New (first) build: Birch body strat.

Originally posted by Jacew View Post
    I still don't get it...
    I think he means one of these:

Click image for larger version

Name:	buffer.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	5814400

Nice job, by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
      I think he means one of these:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]98825[/ATTACH]

Nice job, by the way.
      Ah. buffer indeed
      "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
      Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

So I got it together and tried out:

Name:	IMG_20190607_101942.jpg
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	5814542

Still needs couple of knobs as you can see, otherwise it's pretty finished. Neck needs a bit of refinement too, it plays really well up to 14 fret, but gets slight buzz from there. It's not really noticeable when playing, but annoys me anyway.

First run it did sound pretty bright, I opened it up and switched the resistor in tone circuit for 10k: Perfect. It also rendered the dark / bright switch useless, so I still need to open it and add second cap there for darker tones.

Tried it with a band in weekend as well. Single rail in series with Twangbanger sounds brutal: Really articulate and tight, but juicy. Perfectly balanced for old-school metal tones. Twangbanger on it's own as well may be the best hard rock pickup I've yet heard.

Rest of the guitar needs still a bit testing before I can say anything about it.
        "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"

Comment

Name:	IMG_20190607_102203.jpg
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	5814543

Comment

Name:	IMG_20190611_115537.jpg
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	5814544

Comment

I looked up the string buzz problem just now while playing, and realized it wasn't fret buzz... I hadn't adjusted the neck SSL-7 and the stagger was putting magnets uncomfortably close to middle strings. Lowered it down and that's fixed.

Comment

Working...
              X