Gravity Picks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post

I expect to find multitudes of picks as I pack up to move.
    Did you know: Ultem is the trade name for Ultex, and I believe the Clayton material. Tortex is Delrin, with some different treatment done to it.

The crazy expensive BlueChip picks are made from some aerospace plastic used in rocket engines. The shop was making the bearings with that piece, the head guy tried making a pick from it, and it was pretty great. The material is somewhere over 1000sq/ft.
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post

Did you know: Ultem is the trade name for Ultex, and I believe the Clayton material. Tortex is Delrin, with some different treatment done to it.

The crazy expensive BlueChip picks are made from some aerospace plastic used in rocket engines. The shop was making the bearings with that piece, the head guy tried making a pick from it, and it was pretty great. The material is somewhere over 1000sq/ft.
      I love those Clayton’s. They are my go to. 1.5mm

Comment

I have a couple of Gravity picks and V-picks. Similar response in both.

I like them, but they’re a bit too clunky for my tastes.
        Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
        https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
        Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Originally posted by LesStrat View Post
          I have a couple of Gravity picks and V-picks. Similar response in both.

I like them, but they’re a bit too clunky for my tastes.
          I have heard similar comments about the Brossard picks. It does not take long to get used to the clunkiness and after a short while you get accustomed to it.

Comment

I really think the feel and response of any Ultex pick material is the absolute best -everyone should try one -Dunlop Prime Tone is one option.

“For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Recently received my "grail" pick from a forum bro. Heavy Metal for sure.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
                I really think the feel and response of any Ultex pick material is the absolute best -everyone should try one -Dunlop Prime Tone is one option.
                Ultex is good stuff. It isn't too clicky, and feels good on the fingers.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post

Why would I waste my precious time filing a brand new pick?
                  If you need to file a pick to make it usable, then you aren’t using the right pick.
                  Who said anything about it being required to make it usable? You better go back and read that again.
                  JC
                  -2023 Indio 66SB DLX Plus - Goldtop w/ P90s
                  -2020 Indio 66 DLX Plus - Goldtop w/ Seth Lover neck & '59 Model bridge w/ Faber hardware(#1 guitar)
                  -2021 Indio 66 DLX Plus - Iced Tea Burst
                  -2023 Indio Boardwalk (335-style)
                  -2022 Indio Retro DLX Plus(T-style) - w/ Fender AVRI 62 Custom neck & 52 bridge pickups.
                  -2020 Stage Right 1x12" 15w tube combo(Laney Cub 12R)

Comment

Originally posted by Wound_Up View Post

Who said anything about it being required to make it usable? You better go back and read that again.
                    If it were usable to begin with you wouldn’t need to put a bevel on it.
                    You better choose your wording better.

Comment

• Let's knock it off and get back to the topic.
                      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

• My new Gravity standards showed up this week. They are a bit thicker than I typically use. I used them last night at practice and loved them. Great tone and incredible control.

Comment

• Gravity is running a sale of 15% off your order this weekend. Code Pick15.

Comment

Working...
                          X