No announcement yet.

Alright guys which guitar should I get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alright guys which guitar should I get?

Originally posted by man-in-moon View Post
    Thanks for the input guys. I’ll look into all that was suggested. I’m not really and speed player or shredder I’m pretty heavy handed. I’m mainly leaning toward one of the new gold top standards the 61 SG or explorer. I am a big fan of tele’s though. I’ve heard a lot of good about reverend’s. And the new Ltd EC1000 in satin silver burst has caught my eye as well.
    Not sure about in the US, but Andertons has the Alex Skolnick Silverburst with JB and 59 at about a third off.

Comment

If you are into Mastodon, why not buy Butterslax's new one -it's made exactly for that

ESP -and it's half the price of those your looking at . (the reason BK left Gibson in the first place)

“For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
        If you are into Mastodon, why not buy Butterslax's new one -it's made exactly for that

ESP -and it's half the price of those your looking at . (the reason BK left Gibson in the first place)

I had one of the black od green burst ones awhile back. It played and sounded real good but the neck was so thin that is I moved much when I played it sounded like I had a vibrato pedal on. Other than that it was pretty good I really liked the pickups.

Comment

Call Jeff over at Keisel Guitars
          Get you one made just for you
          The way you want it
          Perfection
          EHD
          Just here surfing Guitar Pron
          RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
          SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
          Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
          Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
          Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
          Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
          GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

I like the SG sound in C.O.C. "Technocracy" single sided 12"EP
            (But stopped listening them after...)
            Smartphone Zombies won't shred

Comment

Will you buy online or try it before buying ?

The best would be actually trying several models and choosing what feels nice to you...
              Smartphone Zombies won't shred

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                If all you are playing is AIC, CoC, Mastadon, you don't need a guitar nearly as good as the ones you listed....:
                Says the guy playing KISS & Motley Crue on thousands of dollars worth of Les Pauls
                “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Working...
                X