X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Keisel Guitars

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
    I didn’t see that. Thanks.
    But they offer two different neck thickness dimensions. Whatever their standard thickness is, and then a thinner carve. I’m not sure which neck it is in the link you posted. I would assume that’s their standard neck. Which, for me looks like what I’d prefer. The thinner necks probably more closely resemble the wizard dimensions. I find that neck a bit too flat and the shoulders too wide.
    Have guitars with all 3 profiles the thicker standard and the thin. The Thin profile on my 17 Kiesel DC is close to the Wide thin on my 07 PRS Custom 24 but just a little thicker and more of a D profile. It's not super thin and flat like a Wizzard and is my favorite profile by far.
    Last edited by Ascension; 07-17-2019, 11:00 PM.
    Guitars
    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
    Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
      Their modern "thinner" neck isn't super-thin like many of the wizzard necks,,,,,,,,,not even quite as thin as the wizzard2.
      They are about 19mm thick at the 1st fret and are not flat backs. Like a thinner C-shape I think is how I'd describe it.

Their standard necks are just short of 20mm IIRC,,,,,and certainly more rounded.
      Yep dead on it.
      Guitars
      Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
      Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

I also saw on the website that they offer standard and thin neck profiles. Any idea what the approximate measurements are on those?
        They offer Standard thin and thick profiles. Have all 3 as my 95 DC 400 is the standard the 17 Kiesel is the thin and the 15 ST 300 is the thick. Don't have a mic available sorry.
        The thick is close to a Wide thick PRS and the standard about like a 1960 Carve Les Paul the thin is like a slightly thicker PRS Wide thin with a little more of a rounded D profile and is by far my favorite.
        Guitars

Comment

I have been a Carvin fanatic for decades, and somehow missed all the Negative Megastorm crap. I remember drooling over their catalogs for years as a kid and figured someday I would spring for one of them. I currently have five Carvins, a DC400, DC150, Bolt-T HSS, and two five-string Basses. Each of those instruments are excellent and an inspiration to play. The only one I bought from the factory was a Bunny Brunel 5-string (mostly Koa). All the rest I got off of ebay back when Carvins didn't command much of a price.

I don't really understand or like most of the guitars they push in advertising lately, but that's probably just a personal taste thing. I mean what do I know, I've never even liked pointy headstocks! I've never had a problem with the company and always found them very personal and helpful in any dealings I've had with them.

FWIW, I don't even know how to pronounce "Keisel."
          "Live by the Groove, Die by the Groove."

Comment

I really like the new Aries models, and you can skip the extra beveling for no upcharge. ( and still have a forearm and belly bevel which is good IMO)
            These are their first 25.5" that I would call "metal" guitars.

Base prices on everything have went up but several features are now standard at no upcharge, like stainless frets.

Comment

I really like the new Aries models, and you can skip the extra beveling for no upcharge. ( and still have a forearm and belly bevel which is good IMO)
              These are their first 25.5" that I would call "metal" guitars.

Base prices on everything have went up but several features are now standard at no upcharge, like stainless frets.
              The Aries looks killer. I too like that you can skip the bevel. I’m not loving that look.
              I’ve gone through the guitar builder on the website several times and you can get a very well appointed Aries or DC600 for around 2K. Of course the price can go much higher too. Lol

Comment

I will say, it is fun to use the builder, but it is amazing to me how quickly the price can jump. Also, it is really easy to pass the 'no returns' threshold.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I hear that!
                  I do wish that you could see what the finished product would look like as you go through the build.
                  They only give you a tiny swatch to check out the colors and patterns of wood. It’s tough to get a full picture of what’s going on.

Comment

Originally posted by SAguitar View Post
                    I have been a Carvin fanatic for decades, and somehow missed all the Negative Megastorm crap.
                    It was mostly a forum thing but with them selling exclusively on line was the core community. Several long time employees including my long time sales rep got royally screwed right about the time Kevo took over the forum and all hell broke loose when they Purged all the christian folk off the forum they had courted for Decades by advertising in faith based triad mags and such from the forum. 2 mods who are there now were particularly nasty POS jerks. Would like to rearrange both their faces still to this day!
                    Product has always been good but the actions of those folk will never forget.
                    Guitars

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post
                      It was mostly a forum thing but with them selling exclusively on line was the core community. Several long time employees including my long time sales rep got royally screwed right about the time Kevo took over the forum and all hell broke loose when they Purged all the christian folk off the forum they had courted for Decades by advertising in faith based triad mags and such from the forum. 2 mods who are there now were particularly nasty POS jerks. Would like to rearrange both their faces still to this day!
                      Product has always been good but the actions of those folk will never forget.
                      If it’s any consolation, that forum is pretty lifeless now.

Comment

The Aries looks killer. I too like that you can skip the bevel. I’m not loving that look.
                        I’ve gone through the guitar builder on the website several times and you can get a very well appointed Aries or DC600 for around 2K. Of course the price can go much higher too. Lol
                        I have such cheap taste lol! My dream Aries is about $1600 after tax/shipping.

Comment

I try to keep the costs as low as I can too.
                          But I figure if I’m going to have a guitar custom built, maybe spending a few (reasonably of course) extra dollars is ok too.

Comment

If it’s any consolation, that forum is pretty lifeless now.
                            It's not. In the late 90's there were regional Carvinite Family gatherings off that forum when folk from 4 or more states would get together for a weekend swap gear cook out and play music. It's a real shame that ended. Also why I appreciate this forum and a lot of you guys so much. It's the closes thing I have seen to that since it all went to hell over at Carvin. We ain't perfect here but many of us have been here a long time and built relationships that go farther than just this board and it's rare.
                            Guitars

Comment

The build sheet on my 2017 DC with the 135 electronics was just over $1800 with the case and shipping. I bought it less than 3 months old at a Grand flat and it was worth every penny best guitar I have ever had in my hands. She now has black Knobs and a Black switch tip BTW. Built several Carvins most came in well over $2K and never regretted the $ on any of them. Click image for larger version

Name:	17 Keisel DC 135 1.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	5816557
                              Last edited by Ascension; 07-23-2019, 11:54 PM.
                              Guitars

Comment

Working...
                              X