• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Musicman Mariposa?

Vive la difference!
    aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

It's getting pretty tricky to find a truly 'different' body shape that still functions as a guitar, with cutouts in the right place and room for all the necessary hardware.

I like this-not a classic, but could be someday.

Larry

Comment

His old Ibanez used to be pretty ugly too. Not to this degree, though.

Most of the time, I hate the whole could've-been-but-never-was retro guitar design approach, personally.
        Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 10-04-2019, 09:35 PM.

Comment

The St Vincent at least has some practical reasons for the shape. Also, it's an artist guitar, made to her specs. I'd prefer it with a shorter body, but I suppose with how narrow the body is, neck dive might be an issue then.

The Albert Lee isn't a new design, that design has been his signature model since 1993 (according to a quick google). I don't love it, though, there's something about the combination of points, angles and curves that just doesn't look right, and the pickguard shape really doesn't work for me, either. Better than many a deformed knockoff I've seen, but not something I'd choose.

I'm with the crowd unenthused by the Mariposa. No forearm cut, and a longer rear bout where the forearm goes? Wonder if there's a tummy cut... The pickguard pattern is great, though.

Comment

Working...
          X