Musicman Mariposa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Musicman Mariposa?

I dunno, I just cant get into some of Music Man's shapes and all.. Ive not ever played any of the Petrucci sigs and kinda like the Majesty tho Ive never played one. But the Albert Lee model and St Vincent ones... Yuck. This new model looks like the Albert Lee but to me, the pickguard makes it feminine looking. Even tho it was designed with Omar Rodriguez Lopez. What you think??

Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Re: Musicman Mariposa?

I dig it and the flower pickguard

was prince's cloud guitar feminine? Probably. But he slayed. Who cares.

Comment

I like it a lot. But then, I like the models you mention not liking. And this one definitely feels of-a-kind with those.

What surprisees me is how much I dig the black version. That engraved gold pickguard looks hawt. But I'd probably still buy the pink one, if I were buying one.

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
      I dunno, I just cant get into some of Music Man's shapes and all.. Ive not ever played any of the Petrucci sigs and kinda like the Majesty tho Ive never played one. But the Albert Lee model and St Vincent ones... Yuck. This new model looks like the Albert Lee but to me, the pickguard makes it feminine looking. Even tho it was designed with Omar Rodriguez Lopez. What you think??

https://guitar.com/news/gear-news/mu...itar-mariposa/
      ---------------------------
      The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

with the Ric Ocasek passing I've been seeing that hot pink jazzmaster a lot. Love it.

Comment

Music Man is usually good stuff. Don't blame them at all for mining the territory of unusual shapes when Strat and Les Paul variants are played out. The Mariposa has a sort of cheap Sixties Japanese guitar vibe currently popular, and that's OK with me. I've had some that were kickass guitars in spite of being ugly as hell.
          aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Yeah, it's sort of an Albert Lee meets an Airline (or, these days, Eastwood) Bighorn. With just a bit of the St. Vincent in the angularity of the cutaway and the way the rear bout pulls back.

Click image for larger version

Name:	mariposa.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	5817198

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post
            The Mariposa has a sort of cheap Sixties Japanese guitar vibe currently popular, and that's OK with me.
            Last edited by St_Genesius; 10-01-2019, 01:50 PM.
            ---------------------------
            The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

It looks like an Albert Lee left in the back seat of a hot Florida day, and it melted. I love the Albert. Not feelin' this.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Clearly a collaboration with First Act! Finally, a MusicMan that WalMart shoppers can afford!

Comment

Clearly a collaboration with First Act! Finally, a MusicMan that WalMart shoppers can afford!
                  List price over two grand? That's not WalMart worthy.
                  aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post
                    List price over two grand? That's not WalMart worthy.
                    No, but the looks sure are!

Next year, a Bo Diddley-inspired guitar with a tremolo bridge and high output pickups

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post

https://guitar.com/news/gear-news/mu...itar-mariposa/
                      That’s funny, the only EB guitar shapes I like are the St Vincent and Albert Lee. The others are like overly rounded over Strats. The Mariposa looks cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

every time I read 'Musicman' and 'new' in one sentence, I can't help but wonder: "what cutting board did they fancy up this time'? I love their older designs, but the Albert Lee, the St.Vincent and now this, are atrocities. Assault to my eyes.

Sorry

Comment

looks maybe even more jetsons than the al model

Comment

How to create a MusicMan guitar

Step 1: Get a body blank

Step 2: Attack the body blank with your saw of choice. Use your 3rd grade geometry homework as inspiration for your design

Step 3: Make the body sexy with a cool '50s-inspired paint color

Step 4: Add your signature hardware

Step 5: Seek the archives for an artist's name to attach to the design

DONE!

Comment

That looks about right! And I am a huge MM fan!

But really, I do appreciate them coming out with new shapes. Even if it isn't my thing, I'd rather have different shapes out there than the same ones I see all the time.
                              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                              X