ESP USA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESP USA?

Been looking to get a new guitar. Would you recommend an ESP USA or the Japan made ones? Or even a LTD?

Re: ESP USA?

Well, based on what you said I won't recommend anything. I have no idea what you want to play, how you like to play, your general preferences, or what your budget is. So I'll say this:

If you have the money to blow, get the ESP USA/Japan.
    If you don't want to spend to much, get the LTD.

ESP/LTD makes great guitars and they all work. So, based on what you told me my suggestion is put pieces of paper in a hat a pull one out!
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Aceman's in with the first reply and it's perfect!

ESP is a great company with a lot of quality options.

The E-II series (and short-lived LTD Elite) is a sweet spot in terms of build quality (Japanese) and price, in my opinion. That said, I've played countless LTD's that were absolutely wonderful. In fact, I opted to sell a late-'80s ESP M-II and kept an Indonesian-made LTD Alexi-200 because I liked the way it played and felt so much!

Also, don't discount their lesser known Asia-market brands, which pop up all the time secondhand: Edwards, Grass Roots and occasionally Pro-Ceed (rare)

Comment

ESP used to be "my brand" and I gotta say the LTDs I had were fantastic quality. This was back in about 2006 though. I used to have 2 Korean LTD's a DV8 and an Axxion and they were pretty comparable quality to a USA made guitar. Then again they weren't exactly cheap, almost the same price as a USA Stratocaster cost back then.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Comment

What's the question here? Would we recommend a $5k guitar over a $500 one? Sure, if you can afford it.

Every ESP I've played has been great. LTDs are also good for the money, just like most import guitars in that $500-$1k range. There's still plenty of the old Japanese-made ESP Standard series in the used market too, which is what I'd recommend.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

Comment

Ooooh - EII's, almost forgot about those! Sweet spot indeed!!!
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I have played but do not own an LTD and thought it was a nice guitar. Played good sounded good.
              I bought an Eii FRX and it plays and feels better. Sound, well I think it sounds slightly better.

Comment

If anyone could afford the USA ESP stuff, I would be surprised that LTD would be in the running. I'd think it would be compared to other Very Expensive Instruments.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I have played many EIIs and have always been impressed with the quality but my LTD EC-1000 is a killer instrument for the money and doesn’t feel bad when compared to my USA Jackson or my Aristides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Guitars:
                  Daemoness Atlantean (unknown Bareknuckles) D
                  PRS SE Mark Holcomb (Alpha/Omega set) Drop C
                  ESP LTD EC-1000 FR (EMG Het Set) D
                  Jackson USA WR1 Absinthe Frost (EMG 81/85) D
                  Ibanez MMM1 (Blackouts) Drop A
                  Ibanez RGIT20FE-SBF (Loomis Blackout Neck/Mick Thomson Blackout Bridge) Drop C
                  Ibanez SZ320 (ibanez/duncan pickups) Drop D
                  Schecter Synyster Gates Custom (Invaders set) D
                  Aristides 060 (Bareknuckle Aristides Customs) D

Comment

ESP USA stuff was only made briefly in the late 80's anyway right ? Their "good" guitars are made in Japan including the custom shop. My Japanese ESP was amazing, I've never seen nor played one made in USA but they do exist.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BeKindRewind View Post
                      ESP USA stuff was only made briefly in the late 80's anyway right ?
                      They re-opened a custom shop in the US a few years ago.

Comment

The best guitar I own is a made in Japan Edwards Les Paul. (ESP)

Comment

Working...
                        X