Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MIM Satin Strat

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
    These Fenders also have a cool, weird texture to it.
    I painted my son’s black mini Strat pink for my daughter. Used a Plastidip style paint. It came out more of a purple, but has that same texture you’re describing. If you’re good with a rattle can, you could do one yourself for about $20, and if you hate it, it peels off with a little work.
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

A pity I cannot see the pic.
      Smartphone Zombies won't shred

Comment

Originally posted by Francois View Post
        A pity I cannot see the pic.
        Hi, maybe this Facebook picture link will work for you?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Comment

I want to show you how I did the tremolo bridge replacement. I wanted a new bridge mainly for the push in tremolo arm which I think is a nice feature, plus the offset block string holes better match the normal string saddle intonation positions. I had my wife order this as a Christmas present in 2014. I removed the stock bridge which needed replacing since I found that its knife edge was all chewed up and chipped from pivoting against the 6 mounting screws. When I test fitted the new Wilkinson bridge much to my dismay I found that the 6 holes didn't line up! I had no idea that the spacing was wider on an American Strat vs my Standard Strat. Then I noticed another problem. In the Mexican factory I'm assuming the working used a drilling template but all the screw holes were drilled at "not" a right angle as indicated by the toothpicks I inserted. At this point I decided to keep the new Wilkinson bridge and go for it. So I drilled out the holes a little larger to match the diameter of the wooden dowel that I got from Home Depot. So I filled the crooked holes and after the wood glue dried I lightly sanded with painters tape all around to not damage as much of the finish as possible. I used a 0.11" drill bit which is close to 7/64" that is inside the bridge screw threads and what they say is typical for a Stratocaster bridge screw bit size. I carefully drilled vertically an inch into the body for the full length of the screws all by hand with a precision bit handle very gradually and controlled. It really didn't take that long a little at a time back and forth between the holes alternating and checking. I soaped up the screws and mounted the bridge to the body to Fender specs. It works great to this day 5 years going strong since that big mod.

Last edited by Steve Mavronis; 11-03-2019, 11:21 AM.

Comment

That's a cool way to solve this problem. And it looks great!
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
            X