banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Absolutely love Telecaster tones but can't stand the flat plank body. Alternatives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Absolutely love Telecaster tones but can't stand the flat plank body. Alternative

The player series Fender Tele has a forearm and belly carve

Find what you are looking for at Guitar Center with the GuitarCenter.com site map. Browse by product, brand and more

I think the Fender deluxe does too

Ritchie Kotzen

All you want

Or Carvin/Keisel will build you one
    Just tell em what cuts you want
    Last edited by ehdwuld; 10-31-2019, 09:24 PM.
    EHD
    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Re: Absolutely love Telecaster tones but can't stand the flat plank body. Alternative

Originally posted by Xeromus View Post
      Check out the Schecter PT Special.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mUHtKkOhbQ&t=795s
      Yes!

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1565.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	5817485

Name:	DSCN1566.jpg
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	5817486

Name:	DSCN1568.jpg
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	5817487

Comment

This one

US $248.00 | Swamp Ash Body Electric Guitar Lake Blue Wax Potted Pickups Brass Saddle Bridge Free Shipping
        EHD

Comment

^ Yeah. Then spend another 240 dollars to make it playable like that blue LP.

Comment

500 dollars
            EHD

Comment

Man, I play a 40 yr old old Tele without contours, and when compared to modern Teles -it tends to be about 1/8" to 5/16" thicker than a modern Fender or Squire version.

Even so, playing the thicker plank of wood and lack of contours doesn't bother me. -It's sits at a playable angle.

Then again, I play my guitar at or below the waste for rock gigs, so the play angle isn't annoying like when a guitar is higher up above your waste and lacks contours.
              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Buy a Tele and a $29 belt sander from Harbor Freight. Problem solved!

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
                  get one of those contoured offset Tele bodies.... it's like a Jazzmaster and Tele had a baby -super badass.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]101785[/ATTACH]
                  That is interesting, too. Just not my preferred body shape but is a good conpromise. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Locher View Post
                    Buy a Tele and a $29 belt sander from Harbor Freight. Problem solved!
                    Is it that easy to carve body contours? I saw a few videos and they were professional-like work. Not talking about the re-paint.

Comment

Four inch disc grinder with a sanding pad
                      And be sure to clamp it down
                      Grasp grinder with both hands
                      EHD

Comment

You can get a lot of different tones from any one guitar......you could even get an Ibanez heavy metal guitar fit it with new pickups.....then depending on your amp/pedal setup you could easily get the tele sound!

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
                          The player series Fender Tele has a forearm and belly carve

Find what you are looking for at Guitar Center with the GuitarCenter.com site map. Browse by product, brand and more

I was looking at them but I don't think they have forearm and belly carve, at least from the pictures they don't look like. Can you confirm?

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
                            Four inch disc grinder with a sanding pad
                            And be sure to clamp it down
                            Grasp grinder with both hands
                            That sounds easy but what about the rest of the story? Unmounting, repainting, finish, remounting, setup, adjust... it is not just about removing some inches of wood...
                            I dont want to have a fake relic guitar

Comment

Originally posted by TrutheYashikawa View Post
                              You can get a lot of different tones from any one guitar......you could even get an Ibanez heavy metal guitar fit it with new pickups.....then depending on your amp/pedal setup you could easily get the tele sound!
                              Yes... I'm revaluating my original idea to get a good used Strat-like guitar and change pickups. I think it will be more affordable in terms of money and time.

Comment

Absolutely love Telecaster tones but can't stand the flat plank body. Alternatives?

Get a custom job like mine
                                The shape combines fender offset telecaster ( telemaster) with telecaster, strat and Firebird pickups

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X