banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Absolutely love Telecaster tones but can't stand the flat plank body. Alternatives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Absolutely love Telecaster tones but can't stand the flat plank body. Alternative

Originally posted by maup View Post
    Yes... I'm revaluating my original idea to get a good used Strat-like guitar and change pickups. I think it will be more affordable in terms of money and time.
    If you want ill sell you mine

USA standard neck, jeff beck body, noiseless pickups with the S1 switch to use all pickup possibilities!

You can have it for £950-£1000 and i'll do you free delivery.

I'm going to put it up on ebay soonish so if your interested ill post u the link and you can see the pictures

it is SPOTLESS! and has been professionally set up!

Comment

Re: Absolutely love Telecaster tones but can't stand the flat plank body. Alternative

I tell ya, the Schecter looks pretty sweet.
      I’d start you search there. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSnMettle View Post
        I tell ya, the Schecter looks pretty sweet.
        I’d start you search there. Good luck.
        I'm eyeing that Schecter, as well.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
        -Greg

Guitars:
        2016 Ibanez RG6003FM (JB/'59nJ)
        2018 G&L Tribute Legacy (Hot Rails/stock/stock)
        2019 Squier Affinity Telecaster HH (Esquire'd w/ JB)
        Applause/Ovation AE28 Acoustic/Electric

Comment

Is it that easy to carve body contours? I saw a few videos and they were professional-like work. Not talking about the re-paint.
          It really is that easy. It's the refinishing that is hard to get right. Your Strat plan is a much more sure bet. Start with a guitar that feels good and work to get the sound you want.

I am not a Strat guy but I'm guessing a hardtail model (no trem) might sound more Telecasterish to begin with?

Comment

My RG2 hardtail does a fair Tele like sound
            If I cut the neck Jazz pickup and put it in series with the bridge JB
            I think they have to be out of phase as well

But the point is
            The RG has the body contours and neck I like
            Super lightweight

There are many ways to get that sound without the plank body
            EHD
            Just here surfing Guitar Pron
            RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
            SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
            Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
            Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
            Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
            Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
            GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

ESP USA: https://www.espguitars.com/products/...ct_designs/new
              LTD TE Series: https://www.espguitars.com/products?...ries=te-series

Comment

Originally posted by vinnie1971 View Post
                Get a custom job like mine
                The shape combines fender offset telecaster ( telemaster) with telecaster, strat and Firebird pickups
                Cool, I would love to have a custom built guitar exactly as it is in my mind, but no budget for that

Comment

Originally posted by TrutheYashikawa View Post
                  If you want ill sell you mine

USA standard neck, jeff beck body, noiseless pickups with the S1 switch to use all pickup possibilities!

You can have it for £950-£1000 and i'll do you free delivery.

I'm going to put it up on ebay soonish so if your interested ill post u the link and you can see the pictures

it is SPOTLESS! and has been professionally set up!

Thanks, but way out of my budget

Also I was looking to the new Fender Ultra series and I am having a G.A.S. attack...

Comment

Thanks, I didn't know about them, looks good although too much "metal" for me, I would like to try one but no shops has them around where I am.

Comment

Thanks, I didn't know about them, looks good although too much "metal" for me, I would like to try one but no shops has them around where I am.
                      I'm also selling my Ibanez S-series 520 for £300 with a hard case!

You could replace the pickups, it is a fantastic guitar, i absolutely love the small body, they are light and have a fantastic neck for smooth playing!

I can probably do you that for £285 free delivery!

Comment

You can get a lot of different tones from any one guitar......you could even get an Ibanez heavy metal guitar fit it with new pickups.....then depending on your amp/pedal setup you could easily get the tele sound!

You could replace the pickups, it is a fantastic guitar, i absolutely love the small body, they are light and have a fantastic neck for smooth playing!

there is no way youll get respectable tele like tones from anything with a trem like that. obviously its up to the op how much "tele" he wants in the tone, but an ibanez s520 even with a set of great tele pups isnt going to sound anything like a tele.

Comment

Absolutely love Telecaster tones but can't stand the flat plank body. Alternatives?

Cool, I would love to have a custom built guitar exactly as it is in my mind, but no budget for that
                          Believe it or not mine was about the price of a Squier standard Tele! I put the pickups in and wired it but the Body and neck were custom made.

Also check AliExpress I hit this made for the price of an affinity Squier and it’s very well made. I swapped out the pickups though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank for the offer I'm sure it's a nice guitar but not my style. Looking for a Tele with contours or even a cheap Strat but anyway I'm not going to buy it right now, mine is more a mid-long term project for now, I'm collecting information.

Comment

Originally posted by vinnie1971 View Post
                              Believe it or not mine was about the price of a Squier standard Tele! I put the pickups in and wired it but the Body and neck were custom made.

Also check AliExpress I hit this made for the price of an affinity Squier and it’s very well made. I swapped out the pickups though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Cool guitar too!

I'm a bit afraid to get Chinese parts because I had some unpleasant experience, especially for the quality control. I got some parts that were routed really badly with wrong angles etc...

Comment

I tried an older LTD TE-212 some 3-4 years ago, not metal at all. Return the week after to buy it but was gone. I have an LTD ST-213 (Strat copy) and the (ESP) pickups are vintage output (like 5.75k).

Comment

Working...
                                X