Good bedroom amp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh yeah, the Vox AD60 head can be bought NEW for as little as
    $420 out the door. That means even cheaper, if you can find one used. Since it's the same circuitry as a Tonelab, it's darn near equal to a much more expensive Vetta.
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
      Tell her guitars are for men, and to just go to the fridge and fetch you a sandwich and beer. LOL

JUST KIDDING! I really dig the Vox Valvetronix head on a higher quality cabinet. The heavy tones are great at low volumes,
      and the selectable output of 6, 15, 30, or 60W, as well as the headphone and recording outs, are perfect for apt. playing.
      I played a Valvetronix recently and was fairly blown away! Better than the Korg Pandora (but much larger), and better than the BOSS GT3 (which I also own) ... not the be all end all of modelling (that's the VG 88), but perfect for the situation we're describing!
      Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
      My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Like most modeling amps, you really discover what they're capable of after bringing them home and dialing them in.

In the store, I was pretty happy with what I was hearing outta the Vox, but not blown away. I bought it because I needed something with adjustable headphone/rec. outs, and it needed
        to sound good at whisper-like volumes.

The Valvetronix stuff is VERY tweakeable. The feature of having OD models in front of the amp makes it easy to dial in EXACT
        distortion sounds. The only complaints I have about the amp
        are that, like most modeling amps, the reverb kinda sucks
        and if it were used at high volumes, it's a bit hissy.
        Originally posted by Boogie Bill
        I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Have you checked out a TradeMark 10 from Tech 21?

IMHO it's an amazing little box. It's not a modelling amp in the sense of being able to click in #42 Mesa xxxx, but it has 3 amp modes (Tweed-Fender, British-Marshall, & California-Mesa) and 3 speaker models (flat, U.K., & U.S.) XLR direct out for recording, speaker out for a cab, and headphone jack. No footswitch, but for about $250 it's got great tone.

Black Rose Customs carries them BTW.

Chip
          Heritage 535 Special, Warmoth frankenstrat, MIM Strat, & Taylor 314C(no E)
          Amp Builds: Tweed Princeton (5F2-A) variation, 2 BF Princeton Reverb clones, & Super Reverb clone
          Sometimes use a Blues Jr., Tech 21 Trademark 10 & Power Engine 60
          SPG modded DS-1, TS-7 & CryBaby; Visual Sounds Rte. 66 & H2O; Guyatone Tremolo
          SD pickups: SSL-2, APS-2, tapped Quarter Pound, Custom 5 & Antiquity humbuckers

"Conan! What are the best things in life?"
          "Girls, guitars, guns and cars!"

Comment

Another vote for the Valvetronix! I recently bought the 60 watt 1x12 combo at GC for $300 and it RIPS! The wattage is adjustable 1/15/30/60 and it sounds great at all levels. I honestly think the 12ax7 makes a HUGE difference.

Check out my mini review of it HERE
            :afro:

Comment

Iv got a 15wtt. Marshall practise amp thats plenty loud for the bedroom. Good cleans and super distortion plus CD ins, headphone jack and all for $ 129.99. This little amp rocks ! Marshall MG-15CDR
              Last edited by Gary S.; 03-17-2004, 03:05 AM.
              2 Jacksons DD & JB, Carvin, Planet Waves, GHS, Dunlop, Kepur, Mogami, Grover

Comment

Working...
              X