banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

STRAT PLAYERS:Which pup do you use and do you lower your treble and mids on amp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: STRAT PLAYERS:Which pup do you use and do you lower your treble and mids on amp?

I normally use the bridge, bridge & middle and middle & neck positions on the guitar. As for the amp, I'll usually boost the mids & bass, maybe bring back the treble a hair. Depends on my mood. If I want to sound like something out of Quicksilver Messenger Service, I'll leave the same settings that I use for the Les Paul.
    www.enigmaduo.com

Comment

Re: STRAT PLAYERS:Which pup do you use and do you lower your treble and mids on amp?

I'm Fat Strat player ... hot humbucker and all different bluesy neck single coils.

I hate a real snappy bridge tone, especially with a maple fretboard. So I recently put in at the bridge of my only traditional s/s/s strat an Alnico II Pro and that did wonders to reduce the treble.

Blackmore's sound would probably be best achieved with a DiMarzio HS-3.
      Fat Strat into a Soldano, always.

Comment

Originally posted by Curly
        I don't think it has more hum at all!

The SSL-3 is fat! Definitely has the mids, and sustain, as the description page says. I'd say the one issue in my guitar is the balance going from APS-2's to the SSL-3 bridge, but I live with it. A tapped Hot might be a good alternative for some. I highly recommend this pickup - especially for those who want to approach humbucker tone with a true single coil.
        I'll have to check one out, I really don't want to put a hot rails in the bridge , I'll listen to your clips and see. I supposed to be checking out a Dimarzio Tone Zone S to see if it'll get me where I want to be. I'm on the 3rd pickup in the bridge and I can not get where I want, right now its a tapped 1/4 lb. We will see
        Thanks
        1997 Roadhouse Strat
        2005 Eric Clapton Strat
        2007 Martin 000-28EC
        2007 Parts-o-Caster

Comment

Working...
        X