X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rspst14
    replied
    Re: STRING NIGHTMARE! d'addarios!

Same thing here...never like those strings, I tried one set and ended up taking them off the next day. From my experience, the Fender strings feel nice for a short time, but they don't last very long at all, and neither do Ernie Ball strings. If you like pure nickel strings, try a set of DR Pure Blues or Gibson Vintage Reissue. They cost about $2 more per pack than the Fender strings, but they easily last twice as long.

Ryan

Leave a comment:

• Davey
    replied

i have used dadario exl-130 (8-38) for years and never liked the sound, but loved the feel LOL .. silly me.. sounded thin, no definition, sucky.. upraded to exl-120's (9-42) sounds much much better d'oh =P never had any other problems with them. they+ve got a good tension and feel kind of silky (do you perhaps know which set of dadarios satch is using?)

i'm thinking of getting me some earnie ball hybrids.. if i can find em

Leave a comment:

• Radeon
    replied

I had some problems with the Daddarios as well, they seemd to fall off quickly and just didnt last that long. I know its a matter of personal taste so I started to shop around for what I perfered and DR blacks work for me and they seem to have a good long life.

Leave a comment:

• kmcguitars
    replied

Originally posted by Fresno Bob
    I use D'Addario's exclusively, and absolutely love them. To be honest, I've had the same set of D'Addario strings on my guitar for about 8 months now, and havent had 1 break. There's a shop I buy them from, (12-52 Jazz Lights w/ wound G)$5.25 per pack, and I like them over any other brands I've tried. I dont find them bright and clunky at all (and the music I play is far from being bright)
    IMHO, they stay in tune, have a great feel and tone, and last forever.

To each their own I guess.
    Same here, I've been useing D'Addario's for 20 years Never a problem?

Leave a comment:

• some_dude
    replied

Originally posted by RG 2570
    one more symptom i left out,when playing a stock A bar chord at the 2nd fret
    the open A wavered like mad making it out of tune then if i tuned it as best i could
    the rest of the bar chords up higher were out
    The intonation on your guitar is out when using those strings.

Leave a comment:

• RG 2570
    replied

one more symptom i left out,when playing a stock A bar chord at the 2nd fret
    the open A wavered like mad making it out of tune then if i tuned it as best i could
    the rest of the bar chords up higher were out

Leave a comment:

• RG 2570
    replied

OK this is really not a who likes em who dont,i would like someone if they can explain what the heck was wrong with em? all three packs had the same problems and it was not the guitar trust me

Leave a comment:

• Fresno Bob
    replied

I use D'Addario's exclusively, and absolutely love them. To be honest, I've had the same set of D'Addario strings on my guitar for about 8 months now, and havent had 1 break. There's a shop I buy them from, (12-52 Jazz Lights w/ wound G)$5.25 per pack, and I like them over any other brands I've tried. I dont find them bright and clunky at all (and the music I play is far from being bright)
    IMHO, they stay in tune, have a great feel and tone, and last forever.

To each their own I guess.

Leave a comment:

• some_dude
    replied

Originally posted by Xeromus
    I don't like D'Addarios for that reason. I almost always use Ernie Ball slinkys. The D's feel brittle and bright, kind of what you were explaining. The Ernie Balls just feel good under the fingers too. Try those out if you want a good inexpensive string.
    Ditto.

I've been using EB power slinkys (.011 to .048) for years. Some people complain that they're a little dull sounding, but I kinda like that.

Anyone try those Beefy Slinkys (.011 to .054) or Not Even Slinkys (.012 to .056) out yet?

Leave a comment:

• TheArchitect
    Guest replied

I don't like D'Addarios for that reason. I almost always use Ernie Ball slinkys. The D's feel brittle and bright, kind of what you were explaining. The Ernie Balls just feel good under the fingers too. Try those out if you want a good inexpensive string.
    Same here

Leave a comment:

• RG 2570
    replied

Originally posted by Distollica
    d addario sucksssssss!!!! it lives less time than other strings (sometimes 1/2!!!).For +- the same price i play with DR and i m very happy with it
    you know it is funny cause i originally tried these for the cash savings but you and other have told me that they last for crap?
    so even if i had no technical probs i still would have been better off stickin to my normal brand
    I want to give the DR's a go as well as elixers? but am sceptical now after the D' adreadio experience

Leave a comment:

• Distollica
    replied

d addario sucksssssss!!!! it lives less time than other strings (sometimes 1/2!!!).For +- the same price i play with DR and i m very happy with it

Leave a comment:

• MattPete
    replied

I used to use GHS Boomers. The store was out, so I tried some D'Addarios. I thought they sounded clanky. I then went back and the store recommended DR Tite-fits. I've been using the DR's ever since.

Leave a comment:

• RG 2570
    replied

I have tried EB before and they were fine. i used to use the 5150 pack because of the gauge 9-40 and they were pure nickle, they stopped makin em so i went to fenders pure nickle, i may try the EB rock n roll pack which is pure nickle but has a 9-42 gauge

Leave a comment:

• Xeromus
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X