banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Neck preferences, but width, neck thickness and profile, fret size...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DKSEARS Thank you for the feedback. How much shoulder does the 59 have compared to the Standard Thin?
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by superpete View Post
      the kicker is every choice you make plays into the next, so you may like the srv contour at 1 11/16, but at 1 5/8 it feels completely different!
      This all day. You get the illusion of having total control over everything, but these things tend to take on a different personality when they're all together. "The whole is greater than the sum of its parts" and all that. If you go into it knowing that it might not turn out the way you expect, even if you spec it EXACTLY how you want, then you'll probably end up with a righteous neck. If you expect it to be perfect simply because you are getting a say over every detail, you may not be very satisfied. It'll be a nice neck no matter what, just a matter of what your expectations are and how you plan to react to it.
      Originally posted by crusty philtrum
      Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
      http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

Originally posted by alex1fly View Post

This all day. You get the illusion of having total control over everything, but these things tend to take on a different personality when they're all together. "The whole is greater than the sum of its parts" and all that. If you go into it knowing that it might not turn out the way you expect, even if you spec it EXACTLY how you want, then you'll probably end up with a righteous neck. If you expect it to be perfect simply because you are getting a say over every detail, you may not be very satisfied. It'll be a nice neck no matter what, just a matter of what your expectations are and how you plan to react to it.
        I understand and agree. I’m thinking by choosing finishes that don’t lock it into a specific guitar, it becomes more flexible. (If I order a matching headstock or body color finish on the back of the neck, it’s pretty much locked in.
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post

I understand and agree. I’m thinking by choosing finishes that don’t lock it into a specific guitar, it becomes more flexible. (If I order a matching headstock or body color finish on the back of the neck, it’s pretty much locked in.
          Get an unfinished roasted maple neck that's slightly larger than you think you want. Then you can just whack it down with sandpaper if it doesn't feel good. :P
          Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
          This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
            DKSEARS Thank you for the feedback. How much shoulder does the 59 have compared to the Standard Thin?
            I’m not home right now to look, but from what I remember, it’s similar to the difference between my Jackson Dinky and my Les Paul. It’s definitely enough to notice, though.

Maybe this might help:

Comment

My Epiphone Wildkat's neck, is the "best" I've had, and owned-

It's a rather thick C shape. I wouldn't mind if it was even thicker; I like thick necks, round necks-

(and do not like thin necks, at all)

\m/
              If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Working...
              X