My July batch, Part 4: Iron Maiden tribute Strat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My July batch, Part 4: Iron Maiden tribute Strat

I've been wanting to make this tribute Strat for years now. Some basic specs:

*Roasted ash body
    *Roasted flamed maple neck, angled headstock, bone nut
    *Olivewood fretboard, 22 frets, custom inlay, 25.5'' scale, 10"-14" compound radius
    *Custom pickups by AxesRus (YES THEY DO DOUBLE CREAM!)
    *Custom wiring
    *Original Floyd Rose, German made
    *Sperzel tuners
    *Thin skin nitro finish

​​​​​​​

I like how you've done the headstock overlay butting up to the fretboard.
    Originally Posted by IanBallard
    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Oh man, this is great!
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
        I like how you've done the headstock overlay butting up to the fretboard.
        Thanks. That was a combination of a happy little accident and a lot of work to get that right. I wanted a bone nut for now but the option of giving this axe a locking nut in due time.

Comment

Originally posted by orpheo View Post

Thanks. That was a combination of a happy little accident and a lot of work to get that right.
          Yeah. If you've never tried that, you don't appreciate just how much work it really is to make it right. Nice job!

Comment

The fretboard looks incredible on this one!
            Soundcloud

Comment

That rocks. Love it.

Comment

Murray would be proud!
                Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

Beautiful guitar. How are those pickups? I personally would have gone for the Super Distortion in the bridge, however I don't know anything about those?
                  Fender Guitars ~ Marshall Amps ~ Seymour Duncan Pickups

Match Made in Heaven

Comment

These pickups are absolutely bonkers. The neck is a paf clone, sounds great. Fat yet a slight midscoop so solos jump out a bit more.

I opted to not go with a superdistortion, only the look, because I dont like that pickup. Too fizzy and fat. This pickup is just as hot, but a bit more fluid for leads. It's in essence, a blend between the jb and superdistortion.

Comment

clever neck heal, full access +1 for this, i hate classic start neck joints.

Comment

I don't know why I've never considered olivewood for any of my builds. I've always loved the color and grain pattern. I am now officially inspired.

Comment

Is olivewood the tree where olives come from, or is it something else?
                          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Olivewood is really wood from an olive tree. Olive ash is real ash but with a wilder color.

Olivewood feels like rosewood when fretting. I use now Jescar fret wire and that's by far the best I've used. Ever. Makes fretting a breeze and leveling afterwards is a dream. Only once in a while, I would prefer something else, for example when the fret slot is like the Grand Canyon. But with fresh slots... jescar.

Comment

What can I say? Suweeet. Love those little inlays too.

Comment

Working...
                              X