NGD - Fender American Original 60's Tele

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
    Similar to the original ashtray bridge, right?
    The ashtray cover is actually in the case
    -
    My Rolling Stones tribute band: The Main Street Exiles

At the battle of the bands, the loser is always the audience. -Demitri Martin

Comment

Originally posted by Powdered Toast Man View Post

It's the standard vintage style Tele bridge. Doesn't bother me at all. Some guys it does though. Actually the seller shipped it to me with an aftermarket Glendale bridge installed (original in the case). The Glendale has the sides of the lip cut down. I put the original bridge back on as I prefer the stock look and like I said, doesn't bother me. The string height makes them above the edge of the lip and not under it.
      Cool. Looks you got a pretty bad-ass instrument man.

Comment

i like the lip cut back a little on my tele bridges. the calaham on my esquire is only cut back on the treble side, and about 1" its my favorite tele bridge. i have a glendale that i like on my black tele. which version did you pull off? the double cut or single?

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
          i like the lip cut back a little on my tele bridges. the calaham on my esquire is only cut back on the treble side, and about 1" its my favorite tele bridge. i have a glendale that i like on my black tele. which version did you pull off? the double cut or single?
          Double cut. Actually I just sold the bridge.
          -

Comment

Those AO Customs are just gorgeous guitars – all of them. Even the Fiesta Red ones, which is normally a color I truly hate.
            Originally posted by LesStrat
            Yogi Berra was correct.
            Originally posted by JOLLY
            I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

String through the body custom. Nice.

What pickups are in that model?

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
                String through the body custom. Nice.

What pickups are in that model?
                The 64 Tele pickups. I've got a set of these same pickups in another guitar and they're some of the best sounding Tele pickups I've had.
                -

Comment

FWIW, every Fender Pure Vintage pickup I've tried (which is...literally all of them) has been among the best I've ever heard.
                  Yogi Berra was correct.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsaBass View Post
                    FWIW, every Fender Pure Vintage pickup I've tried (which is...literally all of them) has been among the best I've ever heard.
                    When they revamped the AV line in 2012 that included the pickups. I'm glad they have kept those AV pickups and carried them forward into the AO line.

The 64 neck pickup in particular is the best Tele neck pup I've heard.
                    -

Comment

Originally posted by Powdered Toast Man View Post
                      When they revamped the AV line in 2012 that included the pickups. I'm glad they have kept those AV pickups and carried them forward into the AO line.

The 64 neck pickup in particular is the best Tele neck pup I've heard.
                      I have an AV '64, and it sounds great.

I also have an AV '58, and I like it even more.

All the PV pickups are great, IME, and like I said, I have literally tried all of them, guitars and basses. Never heard a bad sounding one.
                      Yogi Berra was correct.

Comment

Working...
                      X