banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Glen Campbell really like Ovation guitars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

Mine is carbon fiber top, fiberglass back, and the neck is mahogany, maple and ebony. Just a very powerful, beautiful sound. You hear every individual note in dense chords. It isn't the wall of sound a Martin has...it is very different.
    I had an Ovation Custom Balladeer that I wrote a million songs on and gigged with in the 70's and 80's. It was a great sounding guitar. A little of that plastic sound but very loud and resonant. I literally wore it out and eventually gave it to a friend. Couldn't afford an Adamas but my brother Bobby gigs with one.
    “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

I had my Adamas on layaway for 2 years before I brought it home. It is one before the contour bowl, so it is a little harder to sit with. I do find that a 1lb ankle weight around the strap keeps it steady.
      If you can find them, any 80s USA-based Ovations are still great buys. I don't know what is going on with the company right now, as they seem to just be reissuing older models. I don't know how big their USA operation is these days.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
      X