No announcement yet.

Guitars you regretted selling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The one guitar I wish I didn't pass up buying was a 1996 Washburn Dimebolt. The guy needed cash and was going to sell it to me for $400. All original and in excellent shape. My decision of not buying it still haunts me til this day...

Comment

2004 Hamer Artist Custom. I sold it, and regretted as soon as I slipped it in its box.

It was gone for about a year and a half, then I find it again on Reverb and pay a couple hundred bucks in stupid tax for selling it. It came back with a better case, though!

Last edited by trevorus; 10-15-2020, 07:56 PM.
      Originally posted by crusty philtrum
      ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
      Originally posted by Securb
      The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
        Gretsch Tennessee Rose (a.k.a. Tennessean)

Fender HM Strat (the 1980’s version with the Super 3 in the bridge, but I just bought a Jackson, so I’m feeling much better now.)

I kind of wanted my Yamaha SE612 again also. But I didn’t sell that, it just started failing. I only have the neck now. A neck in search of a guitar.

Oddly enough I haven’t sold a lot of guitars. I tend to keep everything I have. I play them until the can’t be played and then they either become parts or wait for repairs.

I actually lost a guitar I built once. Don’t know where I left it. Either a “friends” house or a studio somewhere. My first parts build. Nothing great but it worked and had an interesting sound.
        It's a complete tragedy that they put a FR special on the remakes. I still have both of mine, but they're taken apart right now.

Comment

Originally posted by trevorus View Post
          2004 Hamer Artist Custom. I sold it, and regretted as soon as I slipped it in its box.

It was gone for about a year and a half, then I find it again on Reverb and pay a couple hundred bucks in stupid tax for selling it. It came back with a better case, though!

beautiful guitar! love me some hamers

Comment

I guess I don't really have any guitars I regret selling; I gave away one of my old guitars I never played (after I did some work to it to make it more playable) to someone who who needed it more than I did, but I don't regret that either. I sold my first acoustic, which actually was a piece of crap, to someone who I don't think did anything with it, but I was glad to get rid of it. Huh, so I guess I'm doing alright in this regard lol.

I do have 5/7 guitars I won't sell unless me or my family are starving though...........

Comment

1988 B.C. Rich Assassin Dan Lawrence Graffiti Graphic
              1990 B.C. Rich WarSlinger Dual HB with Dan Lawrence Lightning Sky Graphic
              1989 Kramer SC3 with Kramer Claw Neck
              1990 Kramer Custom Fully Bound Lefty Maple Neck on Custom Solid Ash Body
              1989 Ibanez RG565 Fully Scalloped Maple Fretboard Neck on 1987 RG550 Swirl Body
              MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Imperial
              1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
              1988 Kramer Nightswan
              1989 Charvel Sambora
              2016 Warmoth Hellacaster
              Boogie Private Reserve Lone Star Combo
              Rivera Hundred Duo Twelve

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by muttznmongrelz View Post
                1988 B.C. Rich Assassin Dan Lawrence Graffiti Graphic
                1990 B.C. Rich WarSlinger Dual HB with Dan Lawrence Lightning Sky Graphic
                1989 Kramer SC3 with Kramer Claw Neck
                1990 Kramer Custom Fully Bound Lefty Maple Neck on Custom Solid Ash Body
                1989 Ibanez RG565 Fully Scalloped Maple Fretboard Neck on 1987 RG550 Swirl Body
                Man, I'd regret all those too! Especially the 1989 Ibanez RG565...

Comment

None. Every time I’ve gotten rid of something, it’s been to get something I liked better. Value wise, I’ve taken a bath on a few, made out like a bandit on a few, and it’s taken a few quick trades/sales at times, but I’ve always been happier with what I wound up with.
                  “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

1997 Jackson KE-1F with trans black finish. Never should have sold that guitar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1602918262865.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	6022748
                      Soundcloud

Comment

'91 Gibson MIII Standard
                        '86 Fender Contemporary Telecaster HH
                        '97 Fender Stratocaster Plus

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

My 1994 Les Paul Birds Eye

Click image for larger version  Name:	D86B2D0D-ED07-4A69-A1D1-CB81E21F89DB.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	48.4 KB ID:	6022834

Comment

I tend to develop very personal relationships with my guitars; there have been precious few that I didn't miss.

A handful I wish I still had:
                            1968 Firebird in Pelham blue
                            1974 reissue of the '56 Black Beauty LP Custom, which was stolen
                            1975 L5-S converted to humbuckers
                            1976 LP Custom, ivory, routed for a 5th knob
                            1979 LP Kalamazoo, sold to a friend who promised I could buy it back, but sold it off instead
                            1980 Heritage Standard-80 with stinger headstock
                            1082 Kramer "The Duke," hot pink, aluminum neck. Weird little thing but my son loved it and I wish I'd kept it to give him.
                            "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Great thread... I actually started a blog post (with pics!) about the guitars I wish I hadn’t sold over the last 20 years.

-=The Dali
                              --== Unabashed Alex Lifeson Fan

Visit My Guitar Building Blog at www.hammersandchords.com

Comment

Yes my vintage Goya es 345 copy and my epiphone double neck

Comment

Working...
                                X