No announcement yet.

$1200 available for 1 guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe a good Schecter? They make solid instruments.

Comment

Well I want to Guitar Center today and wow - it was empty. Not a ton of product on the walls... and almost no used guitars.

They had ONE PRS S2 and ONE Gibson Tribute Studio. No other Studios. There were, however, about 20 semi-hollow guitars and another 20 $2500+ guitars.

The PRS S2 was a 22 standard and was AWESOME. I've never touched a PRS before and I was really blown away by the fit and finish AND the sound. It was a basic S2 with dots, but sounded so good. The hardware was solid and the electronics were really robust feeling (I know the knock on S2 guitars is that the electronics are the same as the SE models). I picked up 3 SE models and they were nice, but nowhere as nice as the S2.

The Gibson Tribute Studio... was not good. I'll leave it at that.

So, I think I might be looking at either a S2, a Carvin, or a SG standard.
      -=The Dali
      --== Unabashed Alex Lifeson Fan

Visit My Guitar Building Blog at www.hammersandchords.com

Comment

PRS in general, makes really good instruments. Although, I didn't care for some of their older SE models, the newer ones are great. If a new player asked me to recommend a good starter if they had about $400-$600 to spend, I would tell them to go find a newish used SE because that guitar will last into intermediate playing.

Comment

The prs s2’s are a great value. They have standards and customs in the 22/24 and single cuts. I’m on the hunt for a used s2 594 thin line, which has a plain mahogany top and pattern thin neck. The ce 22/24’s can also be had for 1200 used and they have the USA pickups. The single cut standard satin or vela satin started at $1000 new and can be had for less.

Comment

Working...
          X