• Show
Clear All

• Anyone know if these are the same?

Anyone know if GOTOH's
    GE101T Traditional

model is the same as the stewmac
    Gotoh Traditional Tremolo for Strat

...and if they are good quality units?

The measurements seem slightly different. But not sure if that's just different runs/versions or different product.

Comment

Thanks, I didnīt notice that.

Iīm looking for a 6 pivot trem of decent quality, if possible that looks more or less like a traditional strat trem.

Will need to check the exact measurements for a vintage style trem.
      Last edited by playas; 12-10-2020, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Could be one is import sized and one is US sized? I'd need to get out my Strats and measure.

Comment

The mounting screw spacing and string spacing on the two images posted above is the same. One is in mm and one is in inches. 56mm = 2.2 inches. One rounds them off, the other doesn't. They are the same thing.

I have two of those Gotoh trems. One is pushing 30 years old on my old Frankenstrat and the other is a year or two old on a Warmoth Strat. I was very pleased to see that the new one is the same quality as the old one. Dropped right on without any issues. Solid bridge. If that's what you want, you can't go wrong with it. When I did the Warmoth build, I went with the same hardware as my old on purpose and was very pleased with the result. I struck gold with how the old one sounds and plays and sure enough, I struck gold again.

You can find the same trem at Warmoth for a heck of a lot less. Same dimensions, same big trem block. That's where I ordered mine from.

https://www.warmoth.com/Vintage-6-Ho...-P590C696.aspx
          Last edited by ErikH; 12-10-2020, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Gotoh makes exceptional hardware, especially when it comes to bridges and tuners. They are a safe bet.

Comment

Thanks,

I found a GE 101T in a European site that I have used before. Itīs not as cheap as Warmoth but a little cheaper than StewMac and shipping would be way less.

Itīs a site that seems to have a mix of crap and quality stuff and without a lot of technical specs, so itīs difficult to tell if youīre not sure exactly what youīre looking at.

Comment

Originally posted by playas View Post
                Anyone know if GOTOH's
                GE101T Traditional

model is the same as the stewmac
                Gotoh Traditional Tremolo for Strat

...and if they are good quality units?
                They're excellent, but Gotoh offers more options on their 510 series. I'm pretty sure the GE-101 has a zinc block, while the 510 series are available with either zinc or steel. They also offer the 510 in both vintage and modern (narrow) string spacing with several saddle options. The only major functional difference is that the 510 has a pop-in arm with adjustable tension instead of a vintage style screw-in arm.

My Charvel Model 1A has a Gotoh vintage trem that's very similar if not identical to the GE-101. I'm planning to swap it to a 510 for the pop-in arm, but I can't decide if I want narrow or vintage string spacing. I'm definitely going with the zinc block as I don't care for steel with a basswood body.
                Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

That's good info, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X