Guitar Skins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar Skins?

Anyone here ever had luck with the printed vinyl guitar "skins"?

I see more places offering them, but they seem a bit cheesy for the most part. Plus, some are fairly expensive.

Just curious if anyone has tried one and actually liked the results?

I'm not sure if I've seen what you're referring to. Or if I did, I didn't know what I was looking at. Links?

Comment

Make Your Guitar Awesome! Premium Guitar skins, Decals, Stickers and Wraps available for any Size, Shape or Style Guitar, Bass or Acoustic!

Comment

Interesting. I could see where that might be cool. Especially on a "cheap" guitar that was a little banged up.

Thanks for the links.

Comment

I would think it is like a car wrap. I guess it is cheaper than stripping and re-painting a body.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I have seen a couple of YT vids turning out excellent, and have a Jackson that I planning on trying it.
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Since you can make your own, you can potentially avoid 'cheesy', I just wonder how long they wear before getting tears and scratches and such.

Comment

Not only that, but also if you wanted some crazy custom graphics. I'm looking over the options now. I have a perfect candidate for this. It's a flea-market Strat, that isn't bad as a guitar. But it's faded, worn, cracked, hot-pink. It would definitely benefit from a cool "skin." But I don't really want to do a $250 - $300 paint job on a $35 guitar.

Comment

To me it is cheesy as hell and I wouldn't touch one with a ten foot pole but that is me. I wonder if it effects the tone in any way or does it allow that sweet think skin nitro to breathe in order to get the most harmonic resonance available from your precious baby...lol. Are thee skins heavy enough to take your guitar out of that sweet weight range where it plays like buttuh?
                  The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

they have the dip your car vinyl in a can
                    you can rattle can your own
                    EHD
                    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

I suppose that I could see it for an inexpensive guitar that you want to spruce up. They do recommend clear coating it. So all told you'd probably still be two or three hundred into it by the time you were done.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bogner View Post
                        To me it is cheesy as hell and I wouldn't touch one with a ten foot pole but that is me. I wonder if it effects the tone in any way or does it allow that sweet think skin nitro to breathe in order to get the most harmonic resonance available from your precious baby...lol. Are thee skins heavy enough to take your guitar out of that sweet weight range where it plays like buttuh?
                        Lo

Comment

You guys should get some Hub Caps and fuzzy dice for your axes too.
                          “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I won't pay for cosmetics on a guitar. Parts upgrades, no problem but to me that's a waste of money. For someone like ace I think it's great because he's on stage and needs to be a little stylish & flashy.
                            Last edited by solspirit; 01-30-2021, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ADECF1F7-899F-4C92-94D1-1C158796CF9B.jpeg
Views:	672
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	6052530
                              ---------------------------
                              The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

Working...
                              X