You are Lex Luthier
      Thanks Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post
        WTH is wrong with you?
        Gibson made them like that in the 70s
        EHD
        Just here surfing Guitar Pron
        RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
        SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
        Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
        Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
        Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
        Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
        GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

I think Orpheo uses a 17-piece neck. I doubt those headstocks would break.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
            I think Orpheo uses a 17-piece neck. I doubt those headstocks would break.
            Plus he also carves a volute, just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by nexion218 View Post

Plus he also carves a volute, just in case.
              I’ve got no problem with that.

Scarf jointed hs are strong, too. Idk why everybody turns their noses up at them.

Comment

Originally posted by formula73 View Post

I’ve got no problem with that.

Scarf jointed hs are strong, too. Idk why everybody turns their noses up at them.
                Is is a tradition thing that people don't like about the scarf joint? It seems pretty stable.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Is is a tradition thing that people don't like about the scarf joint? It seems pretty stable.
                  Maybe. It's a sad corollary on the internet, but it's made more people stupid than it has made smart.

aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

No neck I've ever repaired ever broke again, as it's well treaded ground that done correctly -it's stronger than new.

I've never heard significant difference in tone more than bumping the tone dial on the guitar, pedal, or amp up or down barely a touch wouldn't compensate for.

I don't think the extremely minor tone shift should/would affect the value -after all they didn't hear the guitar before presumably, I think the decline in value (other than the disclosure that it's simply been broken once and grade has lowered) is that when you buy a guitar a major repair mark on the neck would remind you that someone else stroked your lady first. -So psychological at most -not functional
                    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I feel off a cliff with my Lester in a gig bag, landed on the guitar and the guitar came up smelling like roses.

Comment

That is a very good question.... Scarf joint NO-NO, but intentionally hacked up and mangled guitars are great, because they sound better, not to mention the super resonant boutique clear coat People are weird.

Comment

That is a very good question.... Scarf joint NO-NO, but intentionally hacked up and mangled guitars are great, because they sound better, not to mention the super resonant boutique clear coat People are weird.
                          Explain to me why a scarf jointed hs is a no-no, because that’s directly contrary to everything I’ve played, broken, and witnessed.

Comment

Explain to me why a scarf jointed hs is a no-no, because that’s directly contrary to everything I’ve played, broken, and witnessed.
                            Ah, I failed to make my sarcasm obvious, sorry. Nothing wrong with it, that's what I'm saying. That people talk shyte about the scarf joint being bad, then they go on to believe in gibberish. So I basically meant it the other way round as how you understood it.

Comment

Ah, I failed to make my sarcasm obvious, sorry. Nothing wrong with it, that's what I'm saying. That people talk shyte about the scarf joint being bad, then they go on to believe in gibberish. So I basically meant it the other way round as how you understood it.
                              HAHA AAAHHH gotcha. Nicely done.

Comment

Wonder where the scarf joint on my Epiphone Florentine is

EHD
                                Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                                RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                                SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                                Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                                Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                                Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                                Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                                GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Working...
                                X