Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epiphone Les Paul Custom 2020

Anyone own a Epiphone Les Paul Custom?

I ordered one in Alpine White and cannot wait to get my hands on it later this week. I have been wanting a Custom Les Paul (Gibson) for 25 years or so and finally decided to pull the trigger on one after so long. Can't afford the Gibson, so Epiphone it is. I really like the 2020 version with the new (old) headstock and the CTS pots with ebony fingerboard. Grover tuners. Beautiful gold hardware. And the pickups in them now are really great too from what I hear.
    Last edited by UnderTheFlame83; 03-08-2021, 11:28 PM.

I wanna see pics when you get it!
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
      I wanna see pics when you get it!
      I will

Comment

I have a Black Epiphone Elitist Custom. It looks like the pickups, electronics and hardware are now equivalent to the Elitist. That should be a solid player. I did swap the pickups out in mine for P-Rails only because I wanted P-90's in a LP.
        I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Where'd you get it from? Congrats!
          Originally posted by crusty philtrum
          Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
          http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

Sweet I have a Les Paul Custom Lite in Alpine White I love it. Welcome to the club.

Comment

The new Epiphones are excellent values. I've picked up a few at different stores. Made a grave mistake of plugging in a Goldtop Standard. Holy crap, did it play and sound fantastic. I was floored. It felt really solid. Now I want one. But if I'm gonna get a Goldtop, I want a Gibson. That's what I've had my eyes on for a long time.
              Last edited by ErikH; 03-11-2021, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by alex1fly View Post
                Where'd you get it from? Congrats!
                AMS

Comment

It came a few hours ago and I am in love. I haven't took the plastic off or changed strings to what I usually use yet or cleaned her up, but its amazing! Perfectly setup with great action, no frets buzz, and the frets are smooth. It's been years since I had owned a guitar with an ebony fretboard. So smooth. And the pickups are amazing! Easily the best playing and sounding Epiphone I have ever played. The headstock looks even better in person. Well worth the money!

Comment

Now I just need a case...

Comment

Originally posted by UnderTheFlame83 View Post
                      Now I just need a case...
                      Why? You gonna put it down????

Sweet axe! Based on the electronics description it does sound like the Elites, which, idiot Gibson had to stop making because they were every bit as good as a Gibson with Better QA.
                      Originally posted by Bad City
                      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I love how white it is. How does it compare to your other guitars?

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                          I love how white it is. How does it compare to your other guitars?
                          Well, I am up to 19 guitars now and its already in my top 3! My other 2003 Korean Epiphone Les Paul Classic with Dirty Fingers is curently my favorite, but that can soon change with this Custom. The binding isn't perfect in some spots. You have to look really close up to see the factory flaws and there isn't very many. A few tool marks... BUT the playability is unreal. Great guitar and it isn't really heavy like I thought it was going to be.

Comment

Nice to hear current Epis are keeping the bar high.

Comment

Working...
                            X